Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dirt school DVD – is this worth buying?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Want some skillz!! Is this the dvd to teach me to be rad to the power of sic, stoked and woopass holleringly good?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

there’s some good stuff on it for imrpoving cornering/skills etc but you will have to remeber what is shown on the DVD and go out and practice it somewhere.

It’s impressive seeing what the pros can do when it’s slowed right down for the DVD.

suddenly see what DHers are on about when they talk about ripping tyres off rims!

Taz

No idea what you are talking about :D, but yes it is a good video.

Does a good job of dissecting the basic skills and showing you how to get the most out of riding.

Think riders of most levels would benefit to some extent

racing_ralph
    Free Member

cool – cheers fellas

chakaping
    Free Member

Seems quite good, but it doesn’t seem to get on with my DVD controller – so I have little control over which section I watch.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Want some skillz!! Is this the dvd to teach me to be rad to the power of sic, stoked and woopass holleringly good?

No. No DVD will teach you those things. The best way to learn is to ride with people who are at a higher level than you and to ride challenging terrain. A word I’ve seen scoffed at here on STW – “sessioning” is also a big part of developing skills.

£20 odd for a DVD wont do you any harm but it would go a good bit towards a days mtb coaching which will probably teach you a lot more assuming it’s with a highly skilled rider and not just a numpty with an NVQ in mountainbiking.

TonyL
    Free Member

Rowan Sorrel is going to be doing some Dirt School sessions for us up at Lee Quarry hopefully some time in May. Let me know if you are interested and I’ll get details sent out. Also check out Ed O’s skills training available via the singletrack shop.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It’s funny but I really enjoy reading the Lopes/Mcormack book. but when I get on my bike, my brain goes in to flight/fight mode and I can remember none of it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dirt school DVD – is this worth buying?’ is closed to new replies.