Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dim avid elixir 5 question- reach adjustment
  • ads-b
    Free Member

I have the elixir cr brakes on my other bike and has a very easy to use reach adjust dial. But the 5s reach adjuster is sort of tucked away/recessed behind in the main body. It doesn’t look much different though. The dial seems on a spring like the cr, but for the life of me I can’t get it to spin round. Tried jaming things in the holes in the dial to get some extra purchase, but still won’t budge on either brake. What am i doing wrong?

messiah
    Free Member

Mine move easy enough with a thin allen key in one of the holes and twist – but it’s just plastic and feels like it could get chewed up if I got heavy handed.

ads-b
    Free Member

so you just use an allen key and start spinning the dial round? Do you pull the dial out a bit, or does it just spin as you poke it with the allen key?

pixelmix
    Free Member

Just stick an allen key in and move it up or down (not left or right), depending on which way you want to go. Mine have always moved easily enough.

ads-b
    Free Member

thanks. I was giving it some real umph and it wasnt budging. will try again tonight.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dim avid elixir 5 question- reach adjustment’ is closed to new replies.