Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Difficulty in parting with one bike too many
  • kilo

Basicaly i’ve just built up a spare winter mtb and now have one bike “surplus”. It’s the bike that got me into mountain biking, an early slot drop out in bred which now sports decent forks and a bb7 on the front and an alfine 8 on the rear. I’ve still got the single speed rear wheel and rigid forks and it could do with a respray but I don’t think I’ve got any real use for it. Mrs Kilo is mumbling about using it as a commuter but I can’t bring myself to part with it – especialy to her mechanicaly challenged riding style. Is it normal to become attached to a mtb like this? Will I regret getting rid of it? I hate disposing of bikes – I have this strange desire to get it resprayed and just leave it at work just in case I ever need it again

chojin
    Free Member

Give it to me instead – I’ll use it for you. Would hate to see it go all unused and neglected :/

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve never regretted selling a bike, but what’s the problem if your missus wants to use it as a commuter? Surely that’s a win-win?

kilo

… but what’s the problem if your missus wants to use it as a commuter? Surely that’s a win-win?

Probably I suspect i’m being a bit to precious over it – time to man up.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I can never get rid of bike bits. Thats how i have 6 partially working bikes. Logically i rarely use half of them, but i DO use them, so no point binning/selling.

I have 3 old frames I cant part with..

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’ve got a mongoose amplifier frame and forks by the bed I keep meaning to get rid of, for the past two years…

iDave
    Free Member

It’s just a bike

coffeeking
    Free Member

It’s just a bike

It’s not. It’s a stimulator of memories, it’s been a companion on fun weekends, it’s something you’ll have to buy back if you want it again assuming you sell it. Assuming you don’t need the cash, why get shut?

Harry_the_Spider

It’s just a bike

😯

Stand in the corner and think about what you have just said young man.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Difficulty in parting with one bike too many’ is closed to new replies.