Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Different stuff to do in Derbyshire (and nearby area)…
  • the-muffin-man

Hi all.

The family have got a few holiday days to fill over the summer and I was just looking for ideas of different things to do on a day out that don’t include the usual tourist spots.

I’ve lived in Derbyshire all my life, so have seen most of it – but sometimes a non-locals view can throw up some different ideas as we can become a bit cocooned and do the same thing!

Ta

Riofer
    Free Member

If you get a proper hot day and the by family you mean youngish kids…we stopped by a ford near Tissington for the afternoon a few weeks ago. The kids went in paddling and looking for fish (they even caught a few) and they loved it when cars came through and splashed them. There is space to park up and have a picnic too.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

If you haven’t been can I recommend Scrivener’s book shop Buxton and Scarthin book shop Cromford two of the best independent book shops in the country.

banks
    Free Member

Potholing near Thors cave 😈

jekkyl

matlock bath?! there’s public caves there and a kiddies amusement place, always chocka full of cool motor bikes if you like that kinda thing. Guess you’ve already thought of that though.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Have you been to Matlock Meadows for ice cream? Nice ice cream made on the farm there (and bacon sandwiches and all that), and there are animals to look at (rabbits, pigs, cows, hens, that sort of thing). Not a whole day trip, but worth popping in if you’re in the area and fancy nice ice cream.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

full weekend with Jeff in the 3 stags heads, wardlow mires. Tell him Mike Smith sent you (loughborough origin) and bring a drinking belly.

Used to have eagles in the pub on a Sunday but it’s been a while, he also sells some amazing pottery.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Different stuff to do in Derbyshire (and nearby area)…’ is closed to new replies.