Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dialled Alpine – Talk to me.
  • kudos100
    Free Member

Anyone shed some light on how they ride, what they are good for, strengths weaknesses etc?

I’ve found a few ‘yeah they are awesome’ comments, but no reviews or juicy details.

Awaits ‘yeah they are awesome’ comments lol

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Good for fitting long forks too and ploughing downhill tracks in the alps.

Not great for being a nimble, dirt jumpy style hardtail.

Ok for trundling along xc trails.

scruff
    Free Member

Great for throwing down hills- open & fast, slow & tight or otherwise. You can ride it all day and be comfy, and climbing seated or standing is fine. They are not light but seem very robust and well made.

They are based between the marketing niches of Aggressive XC / All Mountain HT, along with the Cotic BFe and Ragley Blue Pig, amongst others.

richc
    Free Member

It will be even better when the Ti one comes out.

I use mine for everything, but it likes steep techy stuff the best, the steeper the better to be honest.

Seems to climb pretty well, other than that its just a bike really.

If you are worried about what weight you can get it down to, or will you be able to keep up with your mates racing around a muddy field it more than likely isn’t the bike for you, if you like to mess around and scare yourself its ideal.

kudos100
    Free Member

Sounds good to me! Interested why it wouldn’t jump well, i’m guessing because of the long wheelbase?

Part of the reason I went with it is due to increased standover clearance compared to the bfe and pig etc

Radioman

Had mine a year or so now. Happily the standover is excellent! this is helped by dropped top tube and seat tube support. Almost indestructible frame comes at a weight penalty.. fine for XC/trail aswell as gnarly stuff if you are reasonably fit. Relatively long top tube so very stable, but means it requires a little more effort for wheelies. Rides well as a trail bike with 140mm forks(i use Pikes). Nice stable bike for drops too. No worries about taking it on a plane for holidays…can easily stand up to an assault by easy jet.ryanair or the airbus crew 😉

Northwind

Do believe one of them just came 8th in the fort william endurance dh. That is not too shabby

AJames
    Free Member

Orange 5 AM, awsome! Talas forks allow me to vary length to suit and it’s indestructible! Shortened the stem and changed sadle position. Its heavy but that’s a reason to get fit, only trouble is I don’t ride much else now! Italy this week to test it’s stamina, but fear it will be better than mine! Love the fact I can choose the line I want to take rather than the one I fear the bike can do! Hasnt let me down yet!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

A James – Member
    Orange 5 AM, awsome!

I think yer getting yer bikes mixed up fella… ❓ 😐

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dialled Alpine – Talk to me.’ is closed to new replies.