Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Denzel washington. Are we getting too much information?
  • bigyim
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38923593

http://www.bet.com/shows/abff-honors/2017/more/how-do-you-feel-about-denzel-washington-s-message-.html

Is he right? Are we getting too much information? What’s the long term effect going to be? How many of you have been at a meal with friends and they all have sat there looking on their phones?

And yes I’m posting this question from a phone.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’d say so.

sirromj

Yes texting while editing video is so stupid.

bruneep

whats denz saying cant be arsed watching the video

shermer75
    Free Member

I think that DW is a legend and what he is saying is both very insightful and relevant for the times we live in.
    I’m enjoyimg seeing him settle into this new role of statesman, as there are precious few genuinely well balanced, articulate and authoritative voices out there!

DezB
    Free Member

Well, Denzel Washington wants to challenge us to put down our phones and experience life.

Of course, yes, there are plenty of people who need to. Went out last night myself, left phone at home. Didn’t miss it and experienced a great night at the comedy club.

Kryton57

After falling into this trap myself I’ve started leaving my phone at home on various occasions, and turning it off at night.

bigdean

I’ve challanged the students at work to go a day without their phones, none have accepted.
    Is there an irony to needing a phone, lead and power brick to get through a days social interactions.

[video]https://youtu.be/6rNgCnY1lPg[/video]

It’s also scary the amount of twadle that is belived, from Clarkson stats to news papers. It’s all taken as being true and never questioned. Even assignment research is the first hit on google dispite the big sponsored underneath.

jimjam
    Free Member

Most of human history (and our evolution before that) we were probably confined to family groups, tribes and villages of a few dozen, maybe 100 at the most. That’s probably the level we operate on best. Being plugged into every human on the planet isn’t good for us.

I assume this is the cruz of Denzel’s video – I’m not going to bother watching it. I’m never watching anything from him ever again after The Equalizer.

CountZero

I assume this is the cruz of Denzel’s video – I’m not going to bother watching it. I’m never watching anything from him ever again after The Equalizer.

😯
    You are aware, I take it, that this is a fictional film based on a fictional character, and no kittens/puppies were harmed during the making of it?

jimjam
    Free Member

CountZero

You are aware, I take it, that this is a fictional film based on a fictional character, and no kittens/puppies were harmed during the making of it?

Yes, I am painfully aware that the film “The Equalizer” was a work of fiction. It was however an utterly wretched shit stain of a film which I will never forgive Denzel for. We don’t have much of a relationship, Denzel and I, but I have never tortured him for two hours.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I liked it. Not up with Deja Vu but still watchable.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Funny how threads get derailed isn’t it?

jimjam
    Free Member

Sorry, it was only intended as an aside – you’ll see I did actually comment on the the op, but I…..just….couldn’t….let…..it….lie.

senorj

He’s right .
    Btw Denzel is a fave in our house too. 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Trouble is with DW, I can never just say ‘Denzil’, I always have to say, ‘Denziw’, like in Only Fools & Horses.

Says me, derailing it again. 🙄

felt
    Free Member

I always switch my mobile off before I go to sleep. If we are out for a meal with family and I see a mobile, then I say something sarcastic to them, (which translates to put that mobile away now, lol).

johnnystorm

Not a matter of quantity but quality.

Loads of stuff out there, fewer and fewer know or care about how to filter out the guff.

Real issues like this end up getting ignored: http://savetherennets.com/

PrinceJohn

I’ve taken the weekend off Facebook – I struggled this morning, & I’m struggling this evening, mostly through boredom & a fear of missing something. But I’m not missing anything.

zanelad
    Free Member

All those arseholes who walk around looking down at their phones instead of looking where theyre going would do well to heed his advice.

It boils my piss that they expect everyone to get out of their way.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Looking at your phone all night when you’re out with your mates….It’s a social crutch. It also stems from a certain type of personality; introverted.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

All those arseholes who walk around looking down at their phones instead of looking where theyre going would do well to heed his advice.

I’ve had a few walk into me and my muddy bike when I’ve been at a crossing waiting for the lights to change. They always get indignant for a second before they realise I am static and they did it all on their own.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Denzel washington. Are we getting too much information?’ is closed to new replies.