Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Deals on flat shoes?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

After exploring some of the steepness around Machen I thought I might try flat pedals again on one of my bikes.

So – any deals on shoes?

jim25

Canyon were selling 5 10’s cheap a few weeks ago in there clothing section

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Skillz course, or a pair of five ten freerider elements, both about the same price.

riklegge

Rock and Run had deals on the Fiveten Guide tennie- not strictly a bike shoe, but decent grip on the sole, I’ve used them as bike shoes in the past and got on well with them.

molgrips
    Free Member

I am fairly comfortable on flats in general, in the past I’ve used skate shoes but they are so thin and soft soled that I don’t like riding in them.

I tried a pair of 5-10s and found them far too narrow at the forefoot and far too wide at the ankle.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm, SHIMANO SH-AM5L are interesting – could fit a cleat as well so could use for both. If there’s any point in doing so…

5-10 Guide Tennie look great as normal shoes too! Wonder if the fit is still the same.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If there’s any point in doing so…

No, there isn’t. It’ll stick out so you won’t get decent grip, and also all the downsides of SPD’s in winter ie cold feet.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Go Outdoors do Five Tens.

Bought a pair of Freerider Elements for winter, and got them price matched to a pair I found cheaper online. Saved quite a bit in the end.

StuE
    Free Member

I have a pair of the 5-10 Tennie mid http://www.fiveten.com/uk/closeouts/guide-tennie-mid-caribbean-sea mine are the GTX but they don’t have much choice in sizes
    I also have a pair of these https://www.rosebikes.com/article/vaude-moab-mid-stx-am-flat-pedal-shoes/aid:823426 soles not as sticky but a bit more grip when having to push and wider fitting,not cheap though

SaxonRider

It took me three reads before I realised that the title of this thread was not, in fact, ‘death on flat shoes’.

Must start thinking positively.

MtbRoutes

Start Cycles had the Adidas Terrex Trail Cross for £80 in store today. Great shoe.

Edit: looks like £90 online, but Newcastle store had the blue in store for £80.

Kamakazie

Is much of Machen reopen or were you on the Wylie side?

Oh and I can recommend the Trail Cross. Light weight and fast drying which is essential coming in to winter (all year).

The Adidas sport site usually has a bit of discount.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Deals on flat shoes?’ is closed to new replies.