• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by aP.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Darkside – rubble bikes?
  • chameleon78
    Free Member

Service issues aside what is the actual frame quality like compared to a trek madone for example? Looking at a gran fonda, should I save abut more and get a madone? Really like both bikes, madone is preferred choice but cost and value for money has led me to look at Ribble.
    Advice appreciated please!

partyboy
    Free Member

Rubble, is that what Fred Flintstone rides?

chameleon78
    Free Member

That should read Ribble not Rubble! Damn iPhone

big_n_daft
    Free Member

other companies are more human

ask about the warranty, then make your decision

chameleon78
    Free Member

Any idea of the warranty?

jonb
    Free Member

I would like to think a Madone had more thought and design put into the frame but I imagine most of what goes in is marketing.

I ride a Focus Cayo* which is a cheap frame but well reviewed. I can't imagine another frame being massively better in terms of performance, the geometry may be better which i guess is the main thing.

If your order goes ok then ribble bikes are good. IF you google reviews you get some horror stories.

*currently on offer on wiggle.

wildrnes
    Free Member

Remember There is a 6 week lead-time

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

And remember that Ribble are utter arse biscuits if you need any sort of help from them, worst kind of customer service. I'd look elsewhere if you can ignore the price a bit.

aP
    Free Member

Apart from the well known differences in customer service the other main difference is the the ribble being a nominally Italian frame will handle differently to the madone. Personally I can't stand the madone handling, but then I wouldn't ever buy anything from ribble after the single previous attempt.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Darkside – rubble bikes?’ is closed to new replies.