Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • DAB radio recording
  • Orange-Crush
    Free Member

I have an old Pure Bug that is feeling its age. I’ve looked about for a replacement but can’t see what I want. If there’s anyone out there who knows the market better than I can find in my local shops/Google I’d appreciate advice.

The Bug can record to and play from an SD card. I want to be able to do the same with SD or USB stick. Some sets have what they claim to be a USB port but it’s tiny and won’t take a memory stick.

Thanks

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Pure Bug user here as well!

the pure evoke 3 used to record as well, as did the DMX60 micro system.

previously I used a topfield freeview PVR to record radio, and then transferred the files to the PC. Another freeview PVR that let you transfer files would also work, although I don’t know how many there are. Or a USB freeview stick on your laptop would let you record.

Another option is to do timed record of internet radio – audacity might do it, otherwise I used to use totalrecorder.

If only pure would do a full width dab with SD recording…

Marko

I half looked in to this – I wanted to download a podcast to the PC and play it on a portable DAB radio. I contacted Roberts and while they have a USB port on some models it seems it’s only for a firmware update?

I gave up in the end . . .

Marko

Tonolina
    Free Member

One of the Revo Pico range could record to an SD card. I used to find it easier to use a free programme called Radio Downloader which will download a programme from Iplayer rather than have to record it live.

Nick

Plenty of soundcards will allow full-duplex (playback and record at the same time), download audacity and tune in on your PC and then record.

That’s how I do it anyway.

m0nster2
    Free Member

Not your answer if its portability onto another device you’re after, but Tune In Radio has a record feature.
    http://tunein.com/

I use it quite often but always playback on the same device (ipad in my case).
    That and Audacity in the same way as Nick, above.

sadexpunk

i use ‘radio downloader’ on my laptop to record (or should i say download?) 6 music shows. once on laptop or pc, i spose you could stick shows onto a usb? i did that to my sansa zip for listening to shows that were on through the night during punk month 😀

any use to you?

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I use radio downloader but it only covers BBC. Essentially I want to be able to move SD/USB from room to room so I can continue listening to, say, a play.

Pure now only seem to have fixed 45 minute memories which can’t be moved about. A definite retrograde step in my view.

I’m told Roberts may do one, but at a price.

Tonolina
    Free Member

Revo Pico plus- now discontinued. It wasn’t very good anyway compared to my Pure Oasis.

Two of us are using the free Radio Downloader – give it a go- it is quick at downloading programmes and is easy to set up to record programmes automatically. The files are mp3 and are easy to transfer to other devices.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Cheers but getting radio on the laptop ain’t the problem, it’s using recordings from there to a “radio” in other rooms (I’m not unplugging laptop from router etc then dragging it around the house every time)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘DAB radio recording’ is closed to new replies.