Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cyclescheme – equipment only – do shops go for this?
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

So you can get safety equipment without buying a bike these days. I thought the shops had to pay about £100 to cyclescheme, so I’m sitting here thinking they aren’t going to be over keen to sell me a light for, say, £150. Although people must buy bikes for a couple of hundred quid so I must be missing something here?

simondbarnes

The shop pays 10%, not £100

thegreatape
    Free Member

That makes more sense.

riddoch

I got some bits and bobs from Evans last year without any problems. Their system at the time was meant they had to put it through as a cycle as well. When calculating the final price you pay some things (helmets I think) are viewed as having zero value after a year. There is a list on the cyclescheme site of what canbe included as equipment, garmins are out but lights are in.

Also the 10% thing only seems to come in if the company has low margins (on-one adds a 10% fee to cover the cyclescheme charge), Evans tends to knock 10% off of most stuff anyway.

Stiggy

Good for shops as by and large the margins are much better on equipment than bikes.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ah ok thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cyclescheme – equipment only – do shops go for this?’ is closed to new replies.