Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cwtch Tea Room, Pont-rhyd-y-groes – anyone know it?
  • UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Planning an Elan valley loop, this coming weekend. Cwtch seems like the only potential place for Saturday lunch time food stop. But I’m only partially convinced its going to be open. No answer on the phone, though will try again tomorrow.

Anyone familiar with it, or the area?

PJ266
    Free Member

I’m local, it will be open at the weekend.

They’re a good bunch in there, though phones are not top of their priorities 😀

What loop are you planning?

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

PJ, that’s excellent news. Ta.

We’re doing a road loop, starting saturday morning at ffarmers, via p-r-y-g for lunch, up to mid-wales for an over night stop at the bunkhouse, and a bbq + beer festival at the inn. Back to ffarmers on the Sunday via newbridge-on-wye and esgair gelli.

should be a cracking ride, but fingers crossed the temperature drops a little by then.

nostoc
    Free Member

It will be full of cyclists.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Nostoc, happy to share with other cyclists, just so long as its open 😉

PJ266
    Free Member

We’re doing a road loop, starting saturday morning at ffarmers, via p-r-y-g for lunch, up to mid-wales for an over night stop at the bunkhouse, and a bbq + beer festival at the inn. Back to ffarmers on the Sunday via newbridge-on-wye and esgair gelli.

Yep that sounds great! Im sure you’ll enjoy regardless of weather but it would be a struggle as it currently is.

psling
    Free Member

Lovely café, always been open and very welcoming when I’ve passed through, even got a few bike spares and bits for sale. The guy who owns it is hoping to open a bike shop and workshop plus bunkhouse in the building opposite. Very community feel to the place.

gozarch
    Free Member

It’s my local café. Scary to think there are other locals on here

nostoc
    Free Member

I’m in New Row

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Thanks for everyone’s input on this.

I can confirm that the cafe was indeed open, was mostly frequented by people on bikes, sold great food/drink and had a great atmosphere.

All good, would recommend 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cwtch Tea Room, Pont-rhyd-y-groes – anyone know it?’ is closed to new replies.