Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Custom footbeds / insoles for over supination?? Or go to Podiatrist?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Been standing alot recently and it gives me pain in the outside of my ankle.
    Doesnt hurt riding and doesnt hurt when i first get up.. just gets a bit sore through the day. I over supinate my right foot (the one that gets sore) and walk a bit flat footed on the left.

And no I dont run.
    So.. will some of the insoles like sole softec response help much??

Onzadog
    Free Member

They might help. But, finding the right physio/podiatrist/biomechanist might find the root cause and cure it with balancing muscles. It’s often down to a weak core or for me, the flute medius was weak compared to other leg muscles.

sideshow
    Free Member

Good old NHS sorted me out with two sets of insoles; one for walking one for cycling. Would highly recommend!

Onzadog
    Free Member

The nhs lottery! I started with an nhs podiatrist. Just like the private sector, you get good and bad ones I guess. But if the nhs one is pants, you’re stuck with them. Worth a try first I guess.

mccraque

Didn’t do much for me. I had insoles about 4 years ago from a podiatrist (saw a useless nhs one first who gave me heel inserts that were agony, then went private and dropped £300 on some)

My achilles has gone from bad to worse in that time and I’ve subsequently seen various physios who have suggested inner core strengthening and flexibility further up.

The issue being, there seems to be a lot of guesswork and different opinions as to how to treat these things. It’s hard to know what to believe. And my achilles is still rubbish despite all of the above!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Custom footbeds / insoles for over supination?? Or go to Podiatrist?’ is closed to new replies.