Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Crank Bros Cobalt 3 wheel service
  • iridemybike
    Free Member

Does anyone have any experience in servicing Crank Bros Cobalt 3 wheels. I need to replace the bearings and I can’t for the life of me get the end caps off. The instructions say to use pliers with duct tape wrapped round them!

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I suspect you just need to give them a good pull. I’ve had the cap ends off of my rear (QR) wheel, which seemed to come off easily enough. Although I suspect you may be talking about the front wheel bearing caps, which might be a bit trickier…?

Give ’em a good pull! 🙂

batman11
    Free Member

They might threaded on Dt swiss style! But as above pretty sure there just a really good hard pull.

andermt
    Free Member

They just pull off with a bit of force, I find rocking the spacer as you pull works.

coblck
    Free Member

Some crank brother’s rear wheels one side definitely screws off.

iridemybike
    Free Member

On the front hub they do pull off – but how to grip them strongly enough without gouging the alloy or denting them? 😕

woody2000

I’m just impressed they’ve survived long enough to need servicing, instead of bursting into flames the first time you tried to use them 😉

iridemybike
    Free Member

Yeah, the bearings do seem to have gone crunchy fairly quickly. Good looking, lightweight and fairly stiff accompanied by being a little too easy to buckle and inner workings made of cheese.
    I still can’t get the end caps off without damaging them!! 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Crank Bros Cobalt 3 wheel service’ is closed to new replies.