Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cracked frame can I get a warranty replacement (Specialized)
  • STJOHN
    Free Member

Hi

Just been for a ride and cleaned my 2006/7 Specialized S-Works Tarmac and when I put the rear wheel back in I noticed that there was a crack along the right hand chain stay on the inside of the bottom bracket basically where the chain stay joins the bottom bracket.

Never been dropped or crashed

Would this be classed as a warranty claim or just unlucky wear and tear.

Thanks

Onzadog
    Free Member

Specialized are usually pretty good. Speak to the dealer you bought it from.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I’d say try a warranty claim. Spesh claims dept are generally very good in sorting out any issues

simondbarnes

Pretty sure Specialized will sort this out, they’re very helpful with warranty issues. Take it back to dealer, get them to sort it.

seanodav
    Free Member

As above, they warranty they’re frames for life now but older frames have 5 year i think.
    Good luck!

Neil-F
    Free Member

Specialized do a lifetime warranty on frames, a friend of mine just had his 2003 Enduro frame replaced due to a crack. I believe on FS frames the rear triangle is warrantied for 2 or 3 years, but the main frame has a lifetime warranty.
    I know its not a MTB, but the warranty should be the same, as long as your the original buyer and you either still have the receipt or the dealer you bought it from has you on record, they should deal with your claim.

jhw
    Free Member

I have a question which relates to this (sounds like a warranty claim btw, and though Tarmac frames from that year are very good, I understand quite a lot are now experiencing issues in the BB area, due to the glue they used to bond the BB to the shell – 5 years down the line, the glue’s basically not holding which puts pressure on the frame causing it to crack – this problem also arises in relation to the bottle cage bosses on the downtube and seat tube, they usually go first)

If you get a replacement warranty frame, when does the warranty on that replacement frame run to – is it limited to the warranty of the original purchase (i.e. 5 years from the original purchase) or does it run from the new frame (i.e. 5 years from the delivery of the replacement frame, or lifetime if Specialized now warranty their frames for life)

BoardinBob

Hmm. Noticed some pretty bad cable rub on my rear chain stay of my FSR XC recently. Checked my “lifetime warranty” and discovered chainstays aren’t covered by the warranty as they are a suspension part…

druidh
    Free Member

I noticed a couple of scratches on the top tube of my Blur. Do you think they’ll warranty it for me.

OR SHOULD I JUST ACCEPT THE FACT THAT IT’S A MOUNTAIN BIKE AND IT MIGHT GET MARKED IF USED FOR PURPOSE????

STJOHN
    Free Member

That’s what I like about forums……You get a mixed bag of good answer’s and C**p one’s

Thanks… I will wait and see what Specialized say.

Regards

shortcut

Speshwill say yes on the tarmac.

Would be surprised if a chainstay is a suspension part. By suspension parts they mean shocks, bushes, bearings etc. Try it!

Any you’ll get the latest equivalent model of frame or better.

Spesh warranty is brilliant.

Neil-F
    Free Member

I think they consider, for warranty purposes anyway, the whole rear triangle of the bike as suspension, as its suspended from the main frame.

jhw
    Free Member

I think they consider, for warranty purposes anyway, the whole rear triangle of the bike as suspension, as its suspended from the main frame.

Your kidding.

The linkage maybe.

But surely not the stays.

Duc
    Free Member

Spesh as said above are pretty good on road frame warranties from my experience – they should sort it

julians
    Free Member

Specialized do consider the rear triangle on full suspension frames as part of the suspension, and technically not covered by the lifetime warranty. But they still replaced the rear triangle on my enduro at no cost when it was 5 years old and had cracked at the chainstay weld, and I didnt have to ask twice, they just replaced it immediately.

Very good service , in my opinion.

So I would have thought you’d be ok with the road frame.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cracked frame can I get a warranty replacement (Specialized)’ is closed to new replies.