Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Country File …
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Okay, not sure about you folks but I am getting really bored with looking that blonde lass on Country File. She is getting a bit too eager and too excited with everything she sees, so is that bloke what his name who is presenting with the blonde lass.

Adam and John Craven (where is he?) are fine as they look like real people to some extend.

🙄

anagallis_arvensis

I cant stand that **** with the farm..he needs a good slapping.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Why’s that then?

singlespeedstu

I tell you what pisses me off.
    It’s that thing?
    You know it’s really annoying but i can’t describe it.
    😉

Klunk
    Free Member

anyone that ******** smug always deserves a slap.

chewkw
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – Member

Why’s that then?

Probably because he is turning himself into the Jamie Oliver of the farming world … yes? 😛

Well, at least he is farming or posh farming whatever that is …

zippykona

Hello children here is a farm and the man who works here is called a farmer.
    Sometimes he drives a car with big wheels, it’s called a tractor.

Surely the most dumbed down programme on telly.
    Why can’t they just show you the whole feature all the way through in one go. They split it in half tell you what they will show later then have to recap everything.
    What about Craven up to his ankles in that stream with a life jacket on ?
    Total **** joke.

anagallis_arvensis

essel, he’s always blathering on about being a farmer yet seems to have more staff than the queen. That and his crusades for rare breeds that no one wants, who gives a shit. He just panders to many peoples stereo types about rich farmers when the realities of farming today are very different. Smug bastard.

Klunk
    Free Member

Why can’t they just show you the whole feature all the way through in one go.

magazine stylee init!

boils my piss btw

anagallis_arvensis

Strayed onto it last week and he was jabbering on about having travelled the world after uni and saw mobile sheep hurdles in australia and bought them to the uk like he was some sort of farming messiah..**** off…

Northwind

I hate Adam. I don’t really know why, I’ve ended up finding out some things about the farm that are pretty unlikable but that’s only because I already hated him and went looking for reasons.

Matt Baker’s good though. I think I saw him juggling when he was in Disco Inferno. And he made David Cameron shit his pants worth which is a plus.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Looks like it touched quite a nerve.

Here’s a tip, change channels.

chewkw
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Looks like it touched quite a nerve.

Here’s a tip, change channels.

😆 … ya I forgot to change the channel d’oh! Bloody remote!

anagallis_arvensis

I dont watch as a rule.

MrOvershoot

Oh that would be Adam tenant farmer then.

Most of my in laws are real farmers about 20 miles south of him and think he’s a tit/pita

CountZero

The grumpiness of some on here is astounding, maybe some of you should be presenting the programme, the nation would much rather see someone with a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp!
    Ellie was brought up in a rural farm-type environment, and has a BA in Ecology and Geography; of course she’s enthusiastic about what she’s presenting!
    And as for who cares about rare breeds, that shows a staggering degree of ignorance about the whole intensive farming industry, and continual cross-breeding of animals for specific traits, which can create a situation where the breeds become prone to genetic issues and lose resistance to diseases; by keeping the original breeds pure, hardiness and disease resistance can be restored by careful selection and breeding back some of what’s been lost.
    I’m not a farmer, but I live in the countryside, and I’m aware of how important this is, mainly by watching programmes like Countryfile.

MoreCashThanDash

Adam comes across as a really genuine nice guy when you meet him, continuing the great work started by his father at their farm conserving rare breeds, while trying to keep a working farm in business as well. Choosing to put himself in the public eye the way he has is always going to be risky.

Not aware of any other TV “personality” that unblocks his campsite toilets himself to ensure that his paying public are kept happy.

anagallis_arvensis

by keeping the original breeds pure, hardiness and disease resistance can be restored by careful selection and breeding back some of what’s been lost.

Righto, you may need to rethink this.

chewkw
    Free Member

CountZero – Member

Ellie was brought up in a rural farm-type environment, and has a BA in Ecology and Geography; of course she’s enthusiastic about what she’s presenting!

😆 Ya, but she is too enthusiastic, no?

anagallis_arvensis

A BA in ecology? Really?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

It is a bit twee and sanitised. In my opinion (for what it’s worth) it seems to be made for city dwellers. Which is fine.
    I caught 10 minutes tonight and thought the sheep story was ok

milky1980
    Free Member

I quite like Ellie 8)

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Anyway, I don’t mind Adam as ‘farmers’ go, I like Matt though cos he’s from my neck of the woods, went to the same secondary school as my mate & his family are/were Weardale farmers.

Merlinman

Blue Peter for townies, well past its ‘sell by’ date – about as credible as The Archers 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

It’s Sunday evening easy watching tv,not to be taken too seriously

MoreCashThanDash

The majority of the public are townies. Explaining in simplistic terms some of the things that affect the majority of the national land area is probably “a good thing”.

If it’s too simplistic for all us ruffty tuffty mountain bikers, is Farming Today still on Radio 4?

onlysteel
    Free Member

Adam seems fine to me, obvious passion for what he does. His farm is open to visitors and worth an afternoon out with the kids. Had a nice day out there when sprog was a bit younger. He was in the cafeteria clearing and wiping down tables, no pretentions.
    Baker is a bit too goody two shoes, wholesome for me. Should be bumped off The One Show by Eddie Mair if there’s any justice.
    Ellie walks funny in those big lace up boots.
    Still worth watch to catching the weather forecast tho’.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I remenber whean it was all about ringworm and mastitis, happy days.

specusuk
    Free Member

I set myself a rule – i will watch it until Adam says “at my farm, i have a farm, on my farm, I’m a farmer” etc. and then switch it off. So I’ve never really lasted more than 10 mins.

maxtorque

Well i like it. Harmless, Sunday evening watching, sometimes you learn something, sometimes you don’t.

MoreCashThanDash

Good God, maxtorque, you come on here with your calm and rational views on things.

This is the internet ffs!

PiknMix
    Free Member

It went downhill after loosing it’s lunchtime slot.

jota180
    Free Member

Just think yourselves lucky you don’t still have to put up with Ben Fogle presenting it.
    Now there’s a face I’d readily slap all day, every day.

richmars

Oh that would be Adam tenant farmer then.

Most of my in laws are real farmers about 20 miles south of him and think he’s a tit/pita

So which bit of being a tenant farmer doesn’t make him a ‘real’ farmer?

I set myself a rule – i will watch it until Adam says “at my farm, i have a farm, on my farm, I’m a farmer” etc. and then switch it off. So I’ve never really lasted more than 10 mins.

So how would he describe what he does to new viewers?

MoreCashThanDash

I was ignoring the tenant farmer comment. Seemed to me that there was more than a touch of jealousy in there!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The majority of the public are townies. Explaining in simplistic terms some of the things that affect the majority of the national land area is probably “a good thing”.

Reading some of the utter crap spouted in here about the countryside and a basic lack of understanding of farming, agriculture and it’s part in the environment people are able to enjoy there needs to be more shows that explain things slowly with pictures…

martinhutch

Adam seems a lot nicer than some of the farmers round this way.

CF is light entertainment for people who live in towns, and nothing wrong with that. Plus it has the five-day forecast. Just think what the BBC could be putting in that slot before you slag it off.

Repeats of ‘My Family’, anyone?

bikebouy
    Free Member

My family have two farms, cattle and sheep, they refuse to watch it.

I quite like it, when I’m up there I quite like turning the telly over to put it on, for nothing other than annoying MrGrumpyFarmerFIL.. 😆

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Lightweight farming mag type programme for townfolk who’d like to know a bit more about the countryside. Wouldn’t expect real farmers to watch it TBH.

The presenters could be a lot worse (although the Baker/Bradbury double act was a bit cheesey).

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Farming today, radio 4, 5.45am, catch it while walking the dog, got to love tweet of the day.
    The blue footed booby, now there’s an annoying bird.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Country File …’ is closed to new replies.