Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Cotic soul what size do you ride and how tall are you
  • handyman
    Free Member

so am interested in a Soul, just need to know what size you are and what size is your soul frame is and seatpost length thanks

Haze

5’7″ on a Simple (same geometry) in small.

Fair bit of post showing but that’s how I like it – it’s a 410mm long Thomson and there’s plenty enough.

Reach feels perfect, really happy with it.

saladdodger
    Free Member

I am 5’8 and ride a 17.5 simple with the seatpost 50mm short of the max line on a 350mm post and a 60mm stem

Fits me a beaut

but in a nod of agreement with Haze I had to go for a 16″ 456 because the 18″ just felt too big

you have to try before you buy if you are a inbetween sizes

jamesb
    Free Member

For BFe, same geometry as Soul, I`m 6ft , ride a large and have 24cm seatpost showing. Drop Cotic an email, Paul was very helpful when I enquired about sizing too 🙂

ononeorange

+1 for Cotic being helpful.

6′ 2″ riding a large.

thebunk

5’6″, small, 350mm seatpost – feels perfick.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

6’2″ and ride a medium

singletracksurfer

6’2″ and large (frame).

Got lots of seatpost showing even though I have proportionally short legs 😕

robob
    Free Member

6’1″ ride a large with a 70mm stem (i think, it could be 50mm)

+ another 1 for Cotic being helpful!

geetee1972
    Free Member

The correct size is down to how you want the bike to feel; has very little to do with how tall you are.

I really don’t think there is an absolute ‘correct’ size. I’m just under six foot and owned a medium but would have been just as happy on a small and was told I could also ride a large. And as you can see on these threads, there are people over 6′ tall on large and medium and people in the 5′ 7″ – 5′ 9″ on anything from small to medium.

How would you describe your style of riding?

Timmo
    Free Member

6ft on a Medium, 80mm stem i think?? 350mm post (easton) in to 2 1/2 on the numbers on the back, does look a lot of post out but is a Joy to ride!

Frankers
    Free Member

6′ on large with 90mm stem, tried 70mm but didn’t like the feel of it.

stevede
    Free Member

5’10 and riding an older model medium, will be ordering a new one soon in medium again,use a 50mm stem and wide bars and its loads of fun.
    Depends on your intended use too and specifics such as how long your legs,upper body are etc.
    I’ll soon be ordering a BFe as a playbike too and will be going for a small frame for that use.

Haze

And another +1 for dropping Cotic a line.

I was torn between a small and a medium, Paul suggested a small and it turned out to be spot on.

There’s also a list of dealers on the site, might be worth paying one a visit if you’re between sizes and there’s one near to you?

Northwind

I’m 5 10 and got a medium, fits me like a glove with 60mm stem and reasonably long seatpost. I think I could have got away with a small though, and the medium still feels compact- low top tube etc- so it never felt in the way on sillier stuff.

tankslapper
    Free Member

5’10” here on a medium – perfect it is!Perfect!

metalheart
    Free Member

Just shy of 6′ riding a medium with 70mm stem and 410 layback (thomson) pin.

As above found Cotic very approachable and helpful. I had a fairly protracted discussion with Cy/Paul only to go with what they advised from the off. So the best thing would be to give them a ring or drop ’em an e-mail.

Remember its the top-tube length thats important. probably the size smaller than you usually go for…

(Edit: meant to say that Cotic insist on 100mm of the pin min within the frame for warranty purposes to best to err on the side of caution and go long as)

_tom_
    Free Member

5’9″ on a small BFe (same geo I believe?). Feels about right as I went for something a bit smaller for jumping and DH. It’s a bit of a compromise as it’s a little short for long periods of sitting down – if I was riding more xc stuff (like I guess you will on a soul?) I would either go for the next size up or a 70mm stem (currently 50mm). Seatpost is quite a way out of the frame if up, it’s a 410mm one.

brakes
    Free Member

The correct size is down to how you want the bike to feel; has very little to do with how tall you are.

if you’re buying a Soul, it has quite a lot to do with how tall you are – it’s not like you’re going to use it for DH one day and XC racing the next – it’s quite a specific bike

I’m 5’9″, 31″ inside leg and ride a medium with a 70mm stem

unklebuck
    Free Member

6′ with a 34″ inside leg on a large Soul, with 80mm stem.

Used for XC rather then messing about, and having long legs it’s more comfortable for long days out.

geetee1972
    Free Member

if you’re buying a Soul, it has quite a lot to do with how tall you are – it’s not like you’re going to use it for DH one day and XC racing the next – it’s quite a specific bike

Well it’s a fair point, but to be equally fair to the Cotic Soul, it’s such a capable bike that you could easily use it for ‘messin’ in the woods’ one day and a trail ride the other. As such a rider that could be on a medium or even large, could end up opting for a small.

I know the BFe is the bike that’s designed for hooligan antics, but sometimes messing in the woods doens’t have to be hooligan.

Also there’s a guy on here called Jon Edwards whose got away with some pretty impressive stuff on his Soul, albeit he is a pretty talented rider.

Country_Gent
    Free Member

19″ frame with a 70mm stem. I am 6’2″ tall

bazzer
    Free Member

5’11 and the all important 1/2″ I ride a soul in a medium.

Bazzer

krispe
    Free Member

Just spoke to Paul and ordered a medium orange. I’m 5’11” and my other bike, Pace 405 is large with 607mm effective top tubes which feels spot on with 70mm stem, but I want the soul to be fun and chuckable for 2hr bike rides, so went medium. Will run a 70mm stem and layback post. Start building it next week… :oD

Northwind

brakes – Member
    “if you’re buying a Soul, it has quite a lot to do with how tall you are – it’s not like you’re going to use it for DH one day and XC racing the next – it’s quite a specific bike”

Specific for what? I took mine down the DH at Fort William and then did XC racing there on it for 10UTB. If the Soul’s specifically anything it’s specifically an allrounder.

takisawa2

5’9″ & small felt too small, as in cramped, with 90mm stem.
    Not sure on geometry differences but 16″ Inbred fits lovely, with 90mm stem. Would buy medium Soul if got another. I sometimes wonder on the logic of skipping the 17″ as 16/17/18 are surely where most folk fit.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Cotic soul what size do you ride and how tall are you’ is closed to new replies.