Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Cotic Rocket 29er
  • AlexSimon

Crap phone pic I know, but otherwise this looks very ‘right’ to me.

I can’t make the Steel City DH this weekend, but I wonder if they’ll be there?

fergal
    Free Member

They look very basic and rudimentary, are they cheap? serious question.

Shackleton

Oh my. Yes please!

Is that a photo you took or is it from twitbook or similar?

ahwiles
    Free Member

fergal – Member

think of them as ‘something simple – made with lots of care’

AlexSimon

I like the clean straight lines.

Re: Price – The 26er is starting to look reasonably priced as it’s now made in the UK and all the taiwanese bikes are creeping up in price.

Don’t know whether you could call them cheap though. Not on-one/canyon/yt cheap, but then you can test-ride and buy from your local bike shop – which is worth something to me (ymmv).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s a pushbike made from metal tubes. They’re all pretty simple, but rarely cheep!

AlexSimon

Is that a photo you grabbed or is it from twitbook or similar?

It came through the post today in a leaflet from JRA.
    I saw the photo a couple of weeks ago though, just didn’t post it.

Cotic confirmed via email that it was a prototype being run by the Enduro duo. If all goes to plan, production late in the year.

wwaswas

They look very basic and rudimentary

Some people really know how to flatter a product who’s designer is on here fairly regularly (and even if he wasn’t, really), don’t they 🙁

jam-bo

If all goes to plan, production late in the year.

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

AlexSimon

Waiting for a Rocket Jam bo? 🙂

jonjonjon3
    Free Member

genuine question; is that really a 29er?, looks like the 26 version to me

nowthen
    Free Member

I am still waiting to order a Rocket 26″ from January 2013… so this may be available, what, 2016?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

They look very basic and rudimentary

Looks can be deceiving, eh?

genuine question; is that really a 29er?, looks like the 26 version to me

Large frame, large wheels making everything look in proportion?

Northwind

fergal – Member

They look very basic and rudimentary, are they cheap?

Made in the UK from posh steel, so, no.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Some people really know how to flatter a product who’s designer is on here fairly regularly (and even if he wasn’t, really), don’t they 🙁

Why the sad face, as an Engineer I’d take “looks basic and rudimentary” as a compliment that I’d whittled away all the unececary guff, or at least resisted adding it.

As Colin Chapman said of chassis design, “Simplify and add lightness”.

wwaswas

fair enough and I know what you mean but I’m not sure ‘rudimentary’ is a complement in anyone’s lexicon?

I’d agree it’s simple but ‘well engineered’ might be better 🙂

ratherbeintobago

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Be fair. He doesn’t have to set the factory up this time.

AndrewBF
    Free Member

I do like the basic and rudimentary look of that. Does appear to be a 26er though, happy to be proved wrong.

matthew_h
    Free Member

That’s definitely the 29er prototype, it’s being ridden at the moment by Chay Granby who was round doing work on my house earlier today.

He’s racing it on Saturday at the Steel City DH

nuke

So if there’s a Rocket 29er out there being tested, can we assume a 27.5 version is also in the offing?

jam-bo

Maybe the 26″ will be back in fashion by the time people get it.

AlexSimon

Last thing cy said was that there wasn’t a 27.5 rocket prototype yet.

chiefgrooveguru

I do like the basic and rudimentary look of that. Does appear to be a 26er though, happy to be proved wrong.

Looks great doesn’t it? BB drop is the 29er giveaway – as well as the massive wheels! 😉

AlexSimon

I think contributing to it being hard to tell is the dinnerplate oneup cog on the back.

Jonny5
    Free Member

I like it, it’s the first time in years I’ve actually wanted a full suss bike.

Northwind

That is a genuinely awful photo though.

zippykona

Their hardtails are the most beautiful bikes around.
    That one is not.
    The frame looks like a game of Pick Up Sticks.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Last thing cy said was that there wasn’t a 27.5 rocket prototype yet.

you never know though he might check his email in the morning and there might be a picture in there

Kryton57

Fugly. Looks heavy and the front end looks all wrong.

Bring back the Simple – mainly cause I want to order a large one…

matther01
    Free Member

No…doesn’t do it for me. Looks ungainly like most other 29ers. White wheels don’t help much neither.

merynella
    Free Member

Some noticeable differences from the 26″ version – bent seat tube, different angles on the linkage components. I’d guess it’s a large; the small perhaps won’t have the seat tube brace so would look better, but would look a bit odd with those massive wheels, as all 29ers do.

porter_jamie

Hi mike, hows it going?

AlexSimon

Nothing wrong with the original photo – it’s my iphone snap of the printed brochure that’s crap.

cy

Yes, Rocket29 prototype. It was the last thing we got from Taiwan before we set sail on the BML project. We’ll be concentrating on getting this finished once we have got Rocket26’s to all our INCREDIBLY patient customers (thank you!). There’s aren’t any 27.5″ FS bikes prototyped. This project was started a while ago and we want to finish it before moving onto other things.

AlexSimon

Have you got a better version of the pic Cy?
    I think it looks great, but then I’ve never tried a 29er. Hopefully that will change next week.

Scamper
    Free Member

Cy – where are you with the `mini rocket’ project?

cy

No more pics for now. It’s a prototype and it’s not finished. If you spot Chay at the races you can have a gander.

If by mini-Rocket you mean the 5″ frame we asked for feedback on a year or so back, then that’s still in the pipeline, but all efforts are on Rockets to customers at the moment.

Northwind

Never in history has a bike been in more dire need of white forks.

Is Chay doing the EWS at the end of the month, do you know?

roverpig

I reckon I could find space in the shed for that 🙂 Even prefer the black forks, but then I have no taste.

I’m sure we’ll see lots of innovative stuff coming out of the new venture if they can get it of the ground, so fingers crossed.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Is anyone buying 29″ longish travel FS bikes ? I’m not being cute, serious question. Having seen a Rocket in the flesh a few weeks ago I can verify they are a thing of great beauty.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Rocket 29er’ is closed to new replies.