Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Copper/magnetic bracelets
  • iolo
    Free Member

Does anyone use one?
    Do they work or are they just mumbo jumbie?
    Due to the cold weather coming back my arthritis has reared its ugly head again and my back’s killing me.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

As long as you believe it works, it probably will.

Plus with the copper ones I think you have to ensure that it is leaving a green mark on your skin.

globalti
    Free Member

Complete mumbo-jumbo. 95% of all ailments evetually get better on their own, which is how quack medicine succeeds. The French philosopher Voltaire said that most medicine is about keeping the patient amused while Nature does her work.

Mugboo

No idea but I’d question whether arthritis gets better on it’s own or at all?

I have sore hands and wrists from years of barbering & lots of people have suggested copper bracelets, so there are plenty of happy users.

Although I read a good book about knees that suggested that studies show that roughly 50% of those with arthritic knees don’t feel the pain. Obviously a 2p in each shoe will sort it, I read it in The Sun.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yes, I can send you a couple. PP Gift of course but they do need looking after I recommend this stuff, it’s also good for suspension fluid.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Did no-one see the panorama on placebos?

Get one, they work, stop reading this thread.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Mugboo – Member
    No idea but I’d question whether arthritis gets better on it’s own or at all?

I have sore hands and wrists from years of barbering & lots of people have suggested copper bracelets, so there are plenty of happy users.

Although I read a good book about knees that suggested that studies show that roughly 50% of those with arthritic knees don’t feel the pain. Obviously a 2p in each shoe will sort it, I read it in The Sun.

Have you stopped or reduced cutting hair?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

What type of arthritis do you have, OP?

iolo
    Free Member

Ankolysing Spondulitis of the Sacro Illiac joints.
    Exercise helps a lot but icy cold mornings are a nightmare.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

In that case have you tried hydrotherapy and heat packs?

toys19
    Free Member

I get a steroid injection in my arthritic ankle once every 2 years, works a treat. I love science me.

iolo
    Free Member

Heatpacks work while their on. It’s the morning that get me, getting out of bed in the winter – the rest of the year I’m fine.
    I haven’t tried hydrotherapy. Is that something I should ask my physio?

hammyuk
    Free Member

Have a look at facet injections via the pain clinic.
    Worked wonders for me.

oldnick

Copper and magnetic?

At least it will stop slugs going up your arm.

Brainflex

For me a copper bracelet works. Osteo arthritis in the knees, less pain with the bracelet on. Try it and see for yourself.

CountZero

I wear a copper bracelet, this one in fact:

[/url] image by CountZero1, on Flickr[/img]

I commissioned it from a bloke in the States, took him a while to weave it, ‘cos he’d messed his arm up playing baseball!
    I wear it because I like the metal, and the way it patinates. No other reason.
    It does leave green marks on my arm if I get hot and sweaty, mind. 😀

batfink
    Free Member

I have one of these on each wrist and ankle….. has worked wonders for my riding

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I haven’t tried hydrotherapy. Is that something I should ask my physio?

Yep. I was diagnosed back in 1997-8 with chronic inflammatory arthritis, HLA-B27 marker suspected spondylitis, but affected mostly my feet and ankles (disregarding referred pain), the pain and swelling was ridiculous – wheelchair bound for two years and many subsequent years on crutches.

The only thing that worked for me at the very worst times was hydrotherapy, it was instrumental in maintaining a degree of mobility as the temperature of water and the afforded increase in movement can be profound. Arthritis stiffens muscles and you get into bad posture habits which can become an endless aggravating cycle.

I also took very hot baths each and every day, one morning, one evening. This was the only thing that worked at the time, to loosen up, lessen the pain. Contrast baths also worked. Alternate hot and cold packs should have a similar effect. Ymmv of course. Yes talk with your physio re hydro. I also used epsom salts in a hot bath, lots of it. Had to sign a disclaimer at the chemist that I wasn’t going to use it to make bombs (seriously!)

Arthritis Research UK recommend hydrotherapy for AS. Of course see your rheumatologist re injections, it may not be just one thing that works for you but lots of approaches. Best to use physical therapy whether you take drugs or not. I chose a largely drug-less route (except for NSAIDS) but it was/is sometimes very hard work. All the best keep at it til you win.

zippykona

I have a pint of hot water with a table spoon of cider vinegar and honey in the morning.
    I can’t really say if it works or not but mrs zip says my joints aren’t as noisy when I give her a hug.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

^^^ +1 for cider vinegar, that was a key part of the treatment (with elimination diet and epsom salt baths) I chose. Wether cider vinegar and honey is ‘snake oil’ or not – I saw massive reductions in inflammation – BUT at the same time massive vitamin and mineral supplements, protein powder, and radically changed my diet/lost a lot of weight in a short time. I can’t say for sure what elements of the combination worked best.

My folks bought me a magnetic bracelet as some farmer recommended it – it allegedly worked wonders on his arthritic livestock. Can’t say it helped me tho.

All I can say with complete certainty is that regular hydrotherapy is the schnizz.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I am sure complete bllx but sorted out my aches and pains a few years back

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I have one of these on each wrist and ankle….. has worked wonders for my riding

nach
    Free Member

They’re bollocks, but:

As long as you believe it works, it probably will.

CountZero

I rather wish copper bracelets did actually work, I have a very creaky left knee, result of a hard impact with Tarmac after my bike dumped me. Makes a very disturbing noise going up and down stairs like gently pulling Velcro apart, and there’s a general continual ache from it.
    Since getting and wearing my bracelet, some six or seven months or so, I’ve seen no reduction in the level of discomfort, so there’s really only one conclusion to be drawn.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Ankolysing Spondulitis of the Sacro Illiac joints.

low starch diet for anklyosing spondylitis

My OH finds dropping starch intake works wonders.

YMMV.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Copper/magnetic bracelets’ is closed to new replies.