Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Conti Mountain and Trail King Tyre Sizes
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

I was just wondering how the Trail King and Mountain King tyre sizes compare.

I have just bought some 2.2 Mountain Kings for my Switchback and they’re pretty tiny and look a bit lost in the frame and forks.

Are the 2.4’s much bigger?

I went with the 2.2’s due to my 2.4 RQ’s being huge in the past. Do the Trail Kings as they are no known retain the huge size? I was maybe thinking of keeping the 2.2 Mountain King on the rear and getting a 2.2 Trail King up front if they’re bigger.

qwerty
    Free Member

Are the 2.4’s much bigger?

0.2″ bigger

qwerty
    Free Member

I have RQ & TK, the carcass is the same, just a different name.

I’ve heard Conti sizing doesn’t carry across their own models but don’t own any MK so can’t say.

honourablegeorge

Think they rejigged their sizing after the original 2.4 RQs – those things were enormous.

Pity they haven’t rejigged their shonky sidewalls.

Anonymous
    Free Member

Mounted on 29er Crest

Trail King 2.2 = 2.2
    Mountain King 2.2 = 2.1
    X king 2.2 = 2.1

Measured in box

Trail King 2.4 = 2.3 ax tread

Northwind

honourablegeorge – Member

Think they rejigged their sizing after the original 2.4 RQs – those things were enormous.

2.41 inches IIRC 😆 Pretty tall though. Mostly they just seemed big because we were used to 2.4 mountain kinds being about 2.1, 2.35 highrollers being 2.15, etc.

acer2012
    Free Member
    mindmap3
    Free Member

Cheers chaps – looks like I’ll be sticking with them for a bit.

The 2.4 protections aren’t in stock at Merlin and nor are the 2.2 Trail Kings. I’m too tigh to pay nearly £50 for a tyre from eleswhere.

I did look at Hans Dampfs in 2.25 but can’t get a Pacestar for the rear for sensible money.

andybrad

MK 2.2 ARE ACTUALLY 2

TRAIL KING 2.2 ARE NEAR ENOUGH 2.2

MK 2.4 ARE 2.2 ISH

qwerty
    Free Member

The 2.4 protections aren’t in stock at Merlin and nor are the 2.2 Trail Kings. I’m too tigh to pay nearly £50 for a tyre from eleswhere.

Buy from Germany. I just brought two 2.2″ 650b Protection Trail Kings & 250ml RevoSeal from Bike24 for £68.58 inc p&p. Delivered quickly by DHL with tracking & text alerts.

mindmap3
    Free Member

MK 2.2 ARE ACTUALLY 2

TRAIL KING 2.2 ARE NEAR ENOUGH 2.2

MK 2.4 ARE 2.2 ISH

Thanks for that.

Buy from Germany. I just brought two 2.2″ 650b Protection Trail Kings & 250ml RevoSeal from Bike24 for £68.58 inc p&p. Delivered quickly by DHL with tracking & text alerts.

Searching a bit further afield has got me what I wanted (Bike Discount is normally my go to for tyres).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Conti Mountain and Trail King Tyre Sizes’ is closed to new replies.