Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Confused by the programmable modes on my Exposure Maxx D
  • strike
    Free Member

So got a new Maxx D Mk7 on Friday – all good and happy, but…..I’m confused by the Optimised Mode Selector function. I understand you have 8 (?) custom mode settings but how do you actually program/customise each of the 8 modes?

I did read the instruction sheet that came with the light but it didn’t answer the question I have above.

njee20
    Free Member

I don’t think you can customise each setting in that you can’t choose the output of high/low within each mode, just choose which of the 8 suit your needs best.

Well impressed with my light incidentally, it’s bloody awesome, can’t imagine ever needing to use the full brightness, I use pgm2 (IIRC), and enjoy a longer burn time.

strike
    Free Member

So the different programs are different power/output levels (higher the program number + higher the power output)?

In which case is it a case of selecting the program/viewing the burn-time to select the best mode according to the amount of time you plan to ride?

chiefgrooveguru

I have the previous one (Mk6) which has 8 different modes. All you do is when it’s off hold down the on button for quite a while and on mine the 8 LEDs on the back light up, first one, then two, then three, etc. The number of lit LEDs equals the mode you’re putting it in. Once you have the right number of LEDs lit up then you take up finger off the button and it saves that mode.

Then when using the light you get the high, medium and low settings which correspond to the mode it’s in.

The Mk7 has 10 modes and a different display and button but I presume it works the same – hold the button down and let it count up to the mode you want, then release the button. It’s quite hard to explain but very simple in practice.

njee20
    Free Member

So the different programs are different power/output levels (higher the program number + higher the power output)?

In which case is it a case of selecting the program/viewing the burn-time to select the best mode according to the amount of time you plan to ride?

No, opposite – it’s all on the light body – obviously lower run time = higher output. Pgms 1-3 have a Reflex setting and a fixed low output, 4-10 have fixed low-med-high. You can’t actually customise any of these.

strike
    Free Member

Thanks – now to use it in the wild!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Confused by the programmable modes on my Exposure Maxx D’ is closed to new replies.