Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Concerned about front wheel, advice appreciated…
  • santacoops
    Free Member

My front wheel on my Superlight always seems to be a little to one side. My tyre rubs on the left hand side above the stanchion when powering down on the right turn. Assumed the wheel isn’t stable but it is without the tyre on, or at least, as tight as it can be as its trued brilliantly by LBS now. As i look down from the stem in riding position it seems the wheel/spoke/disc/everything is slightly, i mean slightly, more to the offending side than should be. Should i rebuild the wheel? Cheers.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

turn it around – is it closer to teh other side? Wheel at fault – if not its the fork at fault

santacoops
    Free Member

Its slightly off if turned around in the same way which makes me think itrs the wheel but difficult to say really. Forks are fine. “At fault” means? 🙂

spooky_b329

From your answer its hard to work out if you mean the wheel is still leaning the same way, or the opposite way!

If it is still leaning to the same side when the wheel is swapped around (so the disc is on the wrong side) then that suggests that the fork has a problem, probably an issue with the axle not seating in the dropouts properly or the fork could be bent. Could be as simple as too much paint on the fork dropout, preventing the axle from sitting properly.

santacoops
    Free Member

From your answer its hard to work out if you mean the wheel is still leaning the same way, or the opposite way

Its the opposite way therefore same way. Was wondering if the rim needs to be pulled slightly central in relation to the hub basically.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

TJ has it. If the wheel isn’t sitting centrally on the hub, it’ll just need dishing correctly. If it’s the fork, get worried!

santacoops
    Free Member

Yeah thought it may be the dishing, forks fine. Cheers all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Concerned about front wheel, advice appreciated…’ is closed to new replies.