Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Commuting with non build on purpose bike…
  • juan
    Free Member

To be as "green" as possible (understand here that I am broke) I am using my old crappy road bike to commute.
    Problem is I don’t have any mount on it. No mudguards mount or no rack mounts.
    So far for the mud guards the only option seems to be the very expensive SKS raceblade.
    What could be the option for one rack?
    Cheers

Juan

druidh
    Free Member

Forget the Raceblades – they’re next to useless as a mudguard.

A seatpost mounted rack would give you some load carrying plus act as a mudguard. One of the Topeak ones actually has a little mudguard extension which would help too.

For the front, there’s always the Crudguard-style on the downtube.

However, I’d have thought you could rig up something with P-clips?

druidh
    Free Member

Oh – and would this be a good time to play back all that stuff you’ve written about roadbikes in the past?

mieszko
    Free Member

You have two options. You can buy used RaceBlades from me (only if You dont have clearance for full mudguards) OR go to a LBS and they will have something like that

I have my rear mudguard mounted with it, probably a rear rack would be possible as well.

You can also get a rack thats mounted on a seatpost.

But if its mudguards You only need than my raceblades will be cheaper than new sks full mudguards in the shop.

juan
    Free Member

Oh – and would this be a good time to play back all that stuff you’ve written about roadbikes in the past?

Probably but then I won’t be wearing lycra and I don’t ride it for the pleasure…

But feel free to banter… As far as you give me a solution 😉

druidh
    Free Member

juan – Member

But feel free to banter… As far as you give me a solution [;)]

I think I already have….

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

P-Clips (as above

juan
    Free Member

ok cheers all going to my LBS for lunch to see if they can get some

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Commuting with non build on purpose bike…’ is closed to new replies.