Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • commuting and offroading- alpkit koala or bridge street medium
  • rockhopperbike

Hi all,

as it says really, i’m looking for a new bike bag, very tempted by the bridge street for ease of use and stuff, but get the feeling the width will be an issue for moving round on the bike when off road- – then over to the koala- better profile- but not as quick to use/fit etc- anyone got any thoughts

STATO
    Free Member

What are you planning to carry exactly, a sleeping bag? 😆

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

I’ve tested a Koala previously and am testing a large Bridge Street saddlebag at the moment. They’re very different beasts but both work well. The Bridge Street is more of a bag that attaches to your bike, the Koala is a piece of bikepacking luggage, so it’s designed to be tough and light.

I’ve not had any trouble off road with the Bridge Street as long as the contents are well packed so they don’t rattle around.

hilldodger
    Free Member

If I was going for a saddlepack type bag, I would prefer Apidura over Alpkit – have seen them both and the Apidura seems to sit better on the bike and has sizing options. Revelate would be beetter again, but is in a different price range to Alpkit/Apidura.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i’d be concerned about how long a alpkit/ revelate would last commuting.

rockhopperbike

Cheers for the info,
    will be sleeping bag on occasion, but mostly commute stuff- shirt, lunch, notebook, grots etc

not come across apidura – will look

STATO
    Free Member

If offroad mtbing and only carrying a few items then rucksack for easier packing / unpacking and transport into the office. Assuming your bike is left outside.

If you have indoor secure storage and transporting days clothes etc than an Alpkit or wildcat harness. Stuff in a dry bag so easily removed and taken indoors, leaving bag / harness on the bike.

If by notebook you mean electronic not paper, rucksack for offroad.

If CX or tourer offroad, then pannier or carradice/bridge style bags are easier to access the contents and fine for a bit off rough surface riding.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘commuting and offroading- alpkit koala or bridge street medium’ is closed to new replies.