Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Commencal meta AM
  • graeme87
    Free Member

Thinking of buying one of these frames. What’s everyone’s opinions on it?

weeksy

I’ve bought an AM2 29, whole bike. Not got it yet though, but did see one at an event yesterday, looks bloody lovely, the owner said it’s brilliant (which obviously we all do with new bikes of course), but things like the cable routing (internal) was lovely and even the dropper post has internal routing which i thought was a very nice touch.

graeme87
    Free Member

Cheers. It’s the 26 I’m looking at.

iain1775
    Free Member

Had mine 18 months and love it
    Much better than my old Meta 5
    Bit portly (just over 31lb with XT/XTR, Hope V2’s hope/Flow wheels and Hans Damfs) but climbs well
    Use in Peaks, S Derby, trail centres all over UK, has also done Antur twice and bike park wales
    Cable routing is a pita through (looks nice but rattles internally)

euans2
    Free Member

If you slide catapult cord over the otters when installing them into the frame you will get rid of the rattling.

I have the SX, it’s a fantastic bike, it climbs fairly well, just as good as any other AM bike I’ve owned, coming down it just flies, loves to carve the berms and will pretty much handle any trail you can throw at it

graeme87
    Free Member

Cheers guys

mssansserif
    Free Member

Happy with my AM 29’er. As stated not the lightest build but it does climb well if you’re seated or have pro pedal and lockout on.

Much more bike than I need for the way down but I’m getting better. Mine was recommended by a friend who has the 26″ version and is a much better rider so that sold it for me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Commencal meta AM’ is closed to new replies.