Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Commencal DH Mini Supreme, what size?
  • lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

I’m looking at an older Mini DH Supreme, 2008 I think. It has the single piece hydroformed “bent” top tube.

The seller isn’t sure what size it is but says it measures 18″ from BB to top of seat tube. Does anyone know these frames and could tell me if this would be a s/m or a l/xl? (I gather those are the two sizes Commencal sold them as).

I’m 6’2 and don’t want to end up with another bike that doesn’t quite fit me. Thanks.

legend
    Free Member

Do you not have the option to try if? Old DH bikes were a lot shorter than they are now, so you might find it small anyway.

18″ is likely a Large, but couldn’t say for certain (and see above comment anyway)

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Ah, I should have said that it’s a frame only and it’s miles away from me.

Good point about the length. It would be my “DH” bike so I’m not worried about sitting down and pedaling it but even so I don’t like feeling cramped.

18″ does sound too big to be s/m size doesn’t it?

ffej
    Free Member

18″ would be L/XL i suspect. The Commencal techbooks are still available online for 2009 onward if you want to compare sizes.

Jeff

legend
    Free Member

The tech books just cover the next model unfortunately

It’s not seated position that I’m talking about. The reach (standing length if you want) is also likely to be short, they were also basically DH bike weight iirc so might want to consider that depending on what your doing with it

ghastlyrabbitfat
    Free Member

Have the L/XL which I think was given as 17.5 inch in the spec, and is the 2009 model from memory. I’m just a tad over 6ft and rode mine up to about 4 hours (extreme x country style as my son described) with no problem.

Lying unused in my shed currently, Souh Manchester if you are interested or want to swing a leg over it.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Thank you Jeff, that was just the sort of thing I’ve been looking for. But the 2009 is quite different unfortunately.

Yes the reach is a concern, I’m not sure about some of the things happening with new bikes but I certainly welcome the long front ends that seem to be more common now. The Commencal would be solely for our own downhill-lite trails and the few local tracks, including Gawton. This would be my first proper bouncy bike, I’m a hardtail sort really and will carry on using them for everything else.

Thank you for the offer of trying yours for size rabbit. But I’m in Cornwall so unless go, go, gadget leg works this try I’ll have to pass. I’ll see how this particular one I’m looking at works out and let you know if I’m interested in yours.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Commencal DH Mini Supreme, what size?’ is closed to new replies.