Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Collect from Parcelforce before delivery?
  • blitz

Ordered a bike almost 2 weeks ago but it had to be shipped from a store internally within the company I bought from so has taken some time to be shipped. It’s now due for delivery on Friday by Parcelforce. Trouble is we’re away for half term, leaving mid morning Friday. I was hoping the bike would be delivered beforehand but almost certainly not going to happen.

Just wondered if anyone has ever gone to the depot early doors before they go out for deliveries and picked up from there? I’d rather get it before we go if this is possible. Not a huge deal if not.

oliverracing

With something like a bike you may be lucky as it’s big and easy to spot on the truck, but I tried last year (although needing the parts that were shipped for the trip) and the guy said there was no chance he’d be able to find it as it would be at the back of the van due to being scheduled for the end of his run. No idea if there was any truth in this and I might have had better luck turning up even earlier to grab as the truck was being packed (I was there at 6:45am)

plus-one

Yes I’ve done it few times at my Edinburgh depot.. Missus off nightshift and I’m not going to be in..

Best phone your local depot to ask best time to intercept

Take ID

nairnster
    Free Member

I have done. As soon as it showed up as being at the depot, I rang them and asked and went and collected it. Have done it a couple of times with wheels and a bike.

scotroutes

Yep. Been there, done that. Take proof of ID, email showing deluvery date and a copy of the order/receipt just to be on the safe side.

blitz

Cheers. Will give it a crack.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Parcelforce I’ve found unhelpful once saying I had to wait for the card for some security reason or something. Though I was trying to redirect rather than collect.

Though on another occasion the card arrived and online options were just to redeliver or arrange to collect another day, so went to depot late and tried to collect. It was “on the van possibly” but they didn’t really know, but the depot person went off to phone the guy and turned out they were on the way back in the next hour and would ring me when they arrive. They did and managed to pick it up just before close.

Likewise the following day wasn’t an option as was away.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Does the tracking tell you it’s arrived at the depot yet ?

blitz

No. It’s gone from the collection depot and en route to the hub. Not expecting it to get to the local depot here until sometime tomorrow. It’s on Parcelforce 48 and was shipped first thing this morning. When it gets there I’ll call and see if I can grab it.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Had a Parcelforce 48 last week and took a day to collect it and “on route to hub”, sat in hub for another day and got to local depot by the third and out for delivery that day.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Collect from Parcelforce before delivery?’ is closed to new replies.