Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Coffee pads
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

My son bought me a coffee machine for Father’s Day which came with a huge box of pads. I’ve just about drunk them all now so need to order some more.

Does anyone have any recommendations please. The ones I have are ok but not quite as rich and dark as I would like?

BB

scaredypants

Is it a senseo ?

We have one. I didn’t much like the pads, waaay too frothy (I think they had detergent in there !) but you can buy a coffeduck (?) that lets you use “proper” coffee in the machine, which is nicer IMO

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Yes it is a Senseo and I do have the duck that I use quite a bit. Sometimes it’s just easier to throw a pad in though.

I’m with you, I think they put some sort of frothing agent in the std pads.

Have you tried any other’s or do you just use “proper” coffee?

BB

andytherocketeer

with the pads (specially the senseo branded ones), the best I managed was something about as strong as dishwater (with foam on top). needed to play with the volume and strength settings, where only one combination gave something resembling filter coffee (with foam on top).

mine broke in the end. flappy lever thing on the lid jammed, and when I used a bit of brute force to open it, the senseo machine snapped in half.

with the refillable thingy and double size holder, and coffee of your choice, it is possible to get an acceptably dark and rich coffee, but it takes away all of the convenience and makes it more inconvenient than an old style coffee machine.

edit: all of the “generic” pads that you can find in the supermarket, will fit, even if many are fractionally different shape/size. oh and damp the pad before sticking it in the machine helps a tiny bit too.

scaredypants

I just use ground coffee now

(while it’s heating up the water I have plenty of time to knock the old grounds into the bin, refill and get a cup under – no real trouble at all)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Coffee pads’ is closed to new replies.