• This topic has 22 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Coed-y-brenin
  • dans160
    Free Member

Going there this week. What tires should I use? I've currently got Swampthings on as it's pretty dire over here in Essex. Should I bother changing them?

Cheers,

Dan

coatesy
    Free Member

I would, very little mud in the trail centres to warrant them, but lots of sharp rocks that are willing to rip and slice the tread to pieces(seems to happen every time I use mud tyres at one, no problems with normal tyres. High roller front, minion rear if interested).

dans160
    Free Member

Thanks. I have a Minion for the front and an ardent for the rear at the ready.

radoggair
    Free Member

anks. I have a Minion for the front and an ardent for the rear at the ready.

you'll be fine, unles its a 'training' run where you wanna sprint round these centres, then stick to big, durable and comfy everytime

flatfish
    Free Member

Check before you go as the beast and mbr were both closed due to tree felling when I was there 3 weeks ago.

mrmo
    Free Member

the beast was open on wednesday, but with a diversion

Hip
    Free Member

MBR was open today, albeit with a slight diversion and my nevegal/blue groove combo worked for me.

Whyte1
    Free Member

Beast was good today

grantway
    Free Member

Second a Minion front and I use a rear Minion too.
    Perfect tyre set up for Coe-y-Brenin
    But have known people to use Nevgals too.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I wouldn't bother swapping tyres,but it does seem a popular passtime on here. Stick a bit of extra air in,and enjoy.

dans160
    Free Member

Cheers folks!

coatesy
    Free Member

Not really a serial tyre swapper myself either, but the thought of ruining yet another decent mud tyre gets me out into the workshop to change them.

BigJohn

Conti Vert UST (to bring back an old favourite response, yet bring it up to date)

Mikey65
    Free Member

Have used Conti Mountain Kings 2.2 there several times and always good….even in torrential rainy days……can drop the pressure down to give good handling as sidewalls are pretty thick….a bit heavier than normal tyres but worth it for the protection.

dans160
    Free Member

Bum. Just sold a pair of Conti MK 2.2s.

dans160
    Free Member

I've a pair of cotinental gravity's?

singlespeedstu

Is there a race on there/ are you in with a shout of wining?

🙄 😉

dans160
    Free Member

No and No. Never ridden a trail center before so was just wondering.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Rocks and surprisingly grippy IMO have ripped my nevs badly there so I reckon something with nice rubbery side Walls. I like it there although it's always been very wet it still rides good.

Diane
    Free Member

Black ones 🙄

Tiger6791

or some white Onza Porcs for retro (ness)

singlespeedstu

r some white Onza Porcs for retro (ness)

You'd be stupid to use white porcs round there when you could sell them for a small fortune instead. 😉

mrmo
    Free Member

You'd be stupid to use white porcs round there when you could sell them for a small fortune instead.

What you should do is take them to a retrobike meeting and have a skidding comp. 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Coed-y-brenin’ is closed to new replies.