Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Clunky fork on top out, RS Pike
  • fingerbike
    Free Member

My reasonably new (4 months old) RS Pike 454 U-turn air have been making a clunking at the top of the travel, this happens on any height setting and when locked out too.
    It doesn’t seem to be affecting the performance of the fork but the sound gets annoying. Checked and all the bolts are tight, not headset etc. definitely the forks, a friend mentioned it could be an issue with the U-turn but not really sure.
    Anyone else had this issue with their forks?

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes, and my ’09 Revelation is currently back with Fisher under warranty.

SeanOrange
    Free Member

Sounds like a circlip has come off inside. The same think happened to a friend at the top of Glentress Black route just after putting all the effort in to get to the top!

fingerbike
    Free Member

Cheers, was it a U-turn issue then chakaping? hoping it’s just a circlip but knowing my luck…

Bike shop visit it is. Might be asking if anyone can lend me some forks for a bit then….

chakaping
    Free Member

Dunno yet, waiting for diagnosis. Mine was a U-turn fork though.

Found this on TFT site though…

My U-Turn air fork knocks slightly, what is this?

There’s play in the travel adjust helix. A small amount of play is necessary because if it was tight you wouldn’t be able to turn it, however this can cause a knock. During service, we reduce this as much as possible but it can never be completely eliminated.

I’ll be expecting a fix or replacement personally however, especially with the price of RS forks now!

fingerbike
    Free Member

Excellent, cheers, have to see what the LBS/Fisher will do then.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Clunky fork on top out, RS Pike’ is closed to new replies.