Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Clennell Collussus – 40-something mile ride in the Cheviots…
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

You seen this?

http://highfellevents.co.uk/biking/clennell-colossus-40-mile-mountain-bike-challenge/

Want to go far and get high? Northumberland National Park has some of the best mountain bike trails around with unrestricted off-road access for mile after mile as you climb uphill with burning muscles and tackle rapid downhill sections. We’ve worked hand in hand with land owners, Northumberland National Park, Forestry Commissoin, British Cycling, MOD and many more to bring you this event. This course will offer you a unique challenge as you try to get yourself round the ever undulating hills of the area. This is not the Lake District or the west coast of Scotland but don’t be fooled… there are some big hills in these here parts!

FOG

Some lovely riding round there but can’t make it unfortunately

cinnamon_girl

Sounds rubbish!

Barrowburn Cafe is good though.

beano68
    Free Member

Sounds good this and local so have to do it 😮

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ll be there, as a sweeper ride, so cracking the whip to get everyone going! Apparently there’re over 250 entries so far so should be good atmosphere. Route looks like “classic” Cheviots. Plenty of landrover tracks and and ancient roads with a bit of singletrack thrown in for good measure.

ricky1
    Free Member

I’ve seen this on Facebook,looks ok,Might enter if I have nothing going on at the time.

beano68
    Free Member

ir_bandito – Member
    I’ll be there, as a sweeper ride, so cracking the whip to get everyone going! Apparently there’re over 250 entries so far so should be good atmosphere. Route looks like “classic” Cheviots. Plenty of landrover tracks and and ancient roads with a bit of singletrack thrown in for good measure.

Lets just hope its going to be dry, otherwise I’ll be dying at the back 🙄

heebyjeeby

Looking forward to this think it’s going to be tough and I may well get swept up at the back!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Clennell Collussus – 40-something mile ride in the Cheviots…’ is closed to new replies.