Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Classifieds vent!
  • Jammy111
    Free Member

That’s now twice in two days I’ve replied first to a post saying I’ll take said item, only to find that someone else has emailed directly and got it instead. I realise the sellers position is first to get the cash to them, but both times I’ve sat for an hour waiting for a reply, not got one, then when I’ve checked an hour later someone else has paid for the thing!!

It’s probably a blessing in disguise as I didn’t really need the items, but they were both bargains so would have been nice to have.

Yesterday I even got an email of the seller saying he was going to take pics for me, great I thought!, only for him to reply an hour later that it was sold!!!

What is the etiquette for sales in the classifieds? I’ve always sold to first who says they want it in the thread.

There we go, rant over 🙂

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

First one to put the money ‘in the bank’. Been a few threads on here saying the same thing mate, bit of a lottery at the moment!

psychle
    Free Member

post a reply and email at the same time… ’tis what I do…

mrclean
    Free Member

having sold lots of items lately its soooo difficult but i generally go on first come first served – unless its simply an enquiry…

the first person that says “i’ll take it” either thu stw or email gets the first oppertunity…i have had to compare times often, but yeah a lottery it is!

Jammy111
    Free Member

The thing is there shouldn’t be any need to spam the users email with pointless messages repeating what has already been written in the thread. Im voting stw labour next time so we get policing similar to avforums 🙂

Kahurangi

The thing is there shouldn’t be any need to spam the users email with pointless messages repeating what has already been written in the thread

As you have shown, there obviously is. Sending a user a message and leaving the user a message are different things.

tazzymtb

I sell stuff to folks I like and often give freebies away to nice folks as well.
    I don’t want my shiny/lovely things going to ****.

Be decent and polite and let sellers know if you decide you don’t want the item after requesting pics etc, as a bit of common courtesy goes a long way.

I find It’s always nice to say thanks and let the seller know when you’ve got the item.

taken from “Tazzy’s fluffy world of how to but/sell bikey bits” available from all good bookshops (just behind Kerry katona’a autobiography)

oldgit
    Free Member

Ah my Chris King No-Threadset.

I think it was the fact I was selling a CK for £25 that’s probably had 20/30? rides. And the merest hint that I might be flogging something as important as a headset with a crack. plus other Qs that made me think I wish I’d left in my tool box for another year or more.
    Sometimes you just have to give a firm yes or no. I could sit here answering questions about a headset all night, while someone else just wants it no questions asked.

Jammy111
    Free Member

Yep, that response explains a lot. Quite pleased I didn’t send you any money now, old git 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Classifieds vent!’ is closed to new replies.