Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Claiming on house insurance (Never done it but the PS3 is broke)
  • monkey_boy
    Free Member

Moved the living room about on the weekend and the PS3 fell off the TV cabinet and now it wont play games/DVD’s etc.

I’ll have to check my policy but has anyone claimed for stuff like this before? How do they sort it out, just send you a cheque? Do you have to send the item off or take it to a shop and get a price for a repair etc?

Were with the AA.

j_me
    Free Member

They usually refer you to a “sourcing” company that will provide you with a replacement. You’re unlikely to get a cheque for the cost of a new one.

Drac

I’d check to see how much it’ll cost to fix hardly seems worth claiming for that.

uplink
    Free Member

check what your excess is and any loss of no claims, premium hike etc. if you claim

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I am sure it will be dead easy – just call them and they will probably supply a new one without question.

Be prepared for your policy to go up though and also remember the policy will have an excess.

Is there any visible damage? If not Sony are good at doing replacement units if yours develops a fault – costs around £110 for a refurbed like-for-like unit so it might make better overall sense to go down that route.

br
    Free Member

Have you accidental damage on your policy, plus what is your excess?

IMO not worth claiming for, and losing any no-claims.

Taff
    Free Member

My insurance allows the cover of electricals but there’s an excess of £100 on mine. If I claimed for my ps3 then it would cost £100 excess plus two years worth of additional payments on my premium so not worth it for me.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I claimed for a similar incident with my PC through Endsleigh whilst at uni.

Took 6 months and repeated phone calls to get anywhere, not worth it for the £50 they eventualy paid out.

rOcKeTdOg

People claim for being cack handed and dropping a toy? That’s like claiming for a new rear mech because you fell off your bike and it hit a rock. No wonder insurance is so expensive, just learn from it and don’t be so clumsy

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Why are you angry today rocketdog?

TheGingerOne

I’d have a look at PS3 Repairs. They fixed my machine when it got the red light of death thingy and was collected, fixed and returned in 4 days. Was happy with them.
    They even gave me a letter and template so that I could claim back the repair cost from HMV as my issue was a known manufacturing problem and covered under Sale of Goods Act.
    Should be better than losing no claims bonus on house insurance and possibly less than your excess to fix anyway.
    It did take a long time to get them to answer the phone as it appears they fix PS3’s for a lot of the insurers so were busy.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

Cheers for all the replies (well all but one)

I agree not worth claiming, ive searched and a new blueray player is about £70-£80 and doesnt seem to hard to fit.

People claim for being cack handed and dropping a toy? That’s like claiming for a new rear mech because you fell off your bike and it hit a rock. No wonder insurance is so expensive, just learn from it and don’t be so clumsy

you need to get laid fella!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Claiming on house insurance (Never done it but the PS3 is broke)’ is closed to new replies.