Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Cinch Chainrings
  • russyh
    Free Member

Hi Guys,
    So I have sat in front of me my new Aeffect cranks which use a RF Cinch direct attachment for the chainring. I am after a 26t chainring for use with my fatbike. But finding one is like a minefield. I can go for a Raceface ring, but they seem to be around £50 which is more than half the cost of the crankset. Any recommendations for some after-market variants that work out slightly cheaper? I have googled and nothign comes back really in the UK and some of the US brands charge equally as much for the postage as they do for the ring. Any recommendations or do I hit the button and purchase a RF one?

Many thanks,

Russ

tops5
    Free Member

Can’t be any help with the chainring but could I ask where you bought them?

russyh
    Free Member

The Cranks i purchased from Slam69. They are 100mm axle with 170mm crank arms. Look pretty sweet, reasonably light as well

tops5
    Free Member

Ta mate gonna plump for them I reckon

rOcKeTdOg

Works components had some round & eliptical last time I looked

tops5
    Free Member

Don’t think they have cinch ones RD

singlespeedstu

Wolftooth do cinch rings.
    Free shipping too.

blairc70
    Free Member

Absolute black do oval ones??

honourablegeorge

OneUp do cinch also, I think

russyh
    Free Member

Cheers guys however:
    Wolftooth – Sold out 26t
    Oneup – Only 32t
    Absolute Black Oval – with shipping is £52! So its an option and i like Oval chainrings (Have one on my full Sus) just seems an awful lot of cash for a chainring.

russyh
    Free Member

Anyone else have any ideas of options or am i just going to have to man up and shell out?

turbo1397
    Free Member

Sorry can’t help with the 26t.. have you tried ubyk? I’m probably going down the route of an aeffect cranks with a 28t raceface chain ring. What’s your impressions on the cranks?

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve just bought the aeffect cranks and they seem light understated and nicely made.

russyh
    Free Member

As above really, look pretty sweet, simple and light. I can see they will wear nicely with heal rub as well unlike shimano cranks!

Think I am gonna have to stomach it and pay the money for a chainring otherwise the fat bike is off the trails for another bloody month! New xt groupset turned up today ready to fit!

transporter13
    Free Member

Ive been doing some (limited) thinking about these cinch chainrings.

Instead of people increasing the size of their cassette to say 42t rear and using 32t ring….wouldnt staying with a 11-36 with a 26t cinch ring provide the same sort of gearing?

Or am I just mad?

benpinnick

Actual mad yes.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’m going 42 rear and 28 front so I can pretend im strong enough to go 1x.

russyh
    Free Member

Same as me fd3chris, but only on the fatty saw loads of fatty’s out on global fat bike day with 40t cassettes and 26t front rings. So I thought I would give it a blast

fd3chris
    Free Member

That sounds like a sensible way to go . My fattie is 1x with a 30×42 but there are a couple of hills I struggle on. My cinch cranks are for a 650b build.

russyh
    Free Member

I have just ordered an absolute black oval ring, at £52 posted! Hoping it arrives between Christmas and new year really so at least I can get out on the bike! I was going to go cinch cranks on my 6)0b as well but not sure I will bother now given the cost of the chainrings

turbo1397
    Free Member

As several above have said 28t at the front and 42 at the back is just about the same as the good old triple granny ring and big ring at the back. I’d rather have a bail out gear rather than not..

russyh
    Free Member

Don’t think anyone said that to be fair? The 26t on a fatbike seems to be a fairly common thing. I have seen plenty of late. They climb wonderfully and I love the idea of spinning up virtually anything. Like I say I won’t be going that small on my bouncy 650b

dovebiker

20 hours into a 24 hour ride, I couldn’t give a $hit about bravado and chainring sizes, gimme 26×40 any day

russyh
    Free Member

Ha, yes I noticed a few people I know give me a ribbing about chainring choice! It appears you are not a real man unless you can pedal up Everist with a 36t front ring!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Cinch Chainrings’ is closed to new replies.