Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Chipping sodbury/Chippenham riding spots?
  • stugus
    Free Member

Next week I'm moving down to start a new life in the south west! Hurrah!

Does anyone know or any good riding in the area, I'm moving to a little village just off jnc 17 and 18 of the M4. Luckington to be precise!!

I'm moving from cambridge so my guess is it can't be any worse!!

any pointers would be of great help!
    stu

backhander
    Free Member

I'm very interested in this as I don't live a million miles away from Chip Sodbury. CS has a great beer festival BTW.
    Not far from the cotswold way which obviously we dont ride on as its naughty.
    I head off to Afan or Cwmcarn fairly often, be happy for a passenger if you fancy? ndobbsie@msn.com.

Milkie
    Free Member

8 Miles North of Sodding Chippbury is Kingswood, there is some very good riding around there.

Here's a nice little ride.

richcc
    Free Member

There's a couple of groups ride around the Bath area that often stray across to Chippenham. Riding is mostly bridleways, country lanes with an occasional bit of cheeky in there. Sure someone will stumble across this and invite you out on the Wednesday night rides before long.

stugus
    Free Member

Yeah sounds good to me backhander! I'm guessing Cwmcarn is only an hr away so is plenty do-able. I'm moving the middle of next week, so when I'm settled I'll drop you an e-mail.

Any ideas of clubs in the area? I was hoping for some riding right on the doorstep but nothing has jumped out at me.

backhander
    Free Member

Bristol wise, the cheekyriders seem to be a nice bunch but do too much at ashton court for me i think. Otherwise, sorry i don't know.

stugus
    Free Member

cheers for the loop link Milkie, looks like some reasonable hills in there.

I think I may have to check out Ashton court, never done that one before, I did leigh woods near bristol a while back. May have to re-visit.

cheers guys

llama

Seems like everyone is moving down here this week!

Anyway, we tried to scope some routes out north of M4, fair number of bridleways but all a bit dull. Milkie posted where I would ride if I was up there; there is some fun stuff to be found on the northern extent of that one. Not that familier with it though. There is also some riding to be had around Avening/Nailsworth, again, don't get up there much.

Just south of the M4 from where you are is slightly better IMO. We quite often ride out from Biddestone going north for Castle Coombe, PM for details.

GaryLake
    Free Member

backhander – it's cheesy riders 😛

We do a lot of away stuff but don't tend to publicise those rides outside of the forum… If I remember I'll give a you a shout next time we're in South Wales…

Ashton Court is great because most of us live and work within a mile of it so it's great for several post work blats all through the year…

backhander
    Free Member

Gary,
    I'm really sorry. What a typo!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Chipping sodbury/Chippenham riding spots?’ is closed to new replies.