Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Chicksands 'shore' does it still exist?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m looking for somewhere local to me(Hertfordshire)to play on a bit of easy woodwork, is there much left at Chicky? Haven’t been in a couple of years.

donks
    Free Member

No its all been taken apart. I was there a month ago and there’s nowt left except some old condemed and broken ladders. Try to find the place where Jedi rides, that looks really good

xiphon
    Free Member

Jedi’s place is private invite-only.

prezet
    Free Member

Try to find the place where Jedi rides, that looks really good

It is, but I also believe it’s private land. You may have to ask nicely.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I have done a skills day with Tony, so have been invited back, but would like to practice on something more sedate. I had to go and have a lay down after looking at some of Herts shore! 😀

stevede
    Free Member

Apologies for hijack but is Chicksands worth a visit? It’s a couple of hours drive and from the look of the website looks loads of fun, fancy taking the Pitch and playing on the dual slalom,bit of 4x, the smaller dj’s and some dh/fr stuff.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I haven’t been in ages, but it was always fun in the past.

xiphon
    Free Member

@ stevede

Pitch *plus* Chicksands = Fun!

(Day 2 of ownership…)

forgotmename
    Free Member

Yeah its worth a visit, its good fun, and a pitch will be ideal, go for a ride around the woods 1st, theres some nice singletrack if you can find it, its a fiver to ride in the fenced off bit at the weekend, free usually in the week.

brakes
    Free Member

tell me they haven’t taken away the ladder drop?

forgotmename
    Free Member

No i cant, coz they have. pants.

5lab

seems to be happening everywhere. Most of the wood in whistler (smoke and mirrors, old school, clownshoes) was gone\closed as well..

ampthill

stevede

bring £5 to ride

abit more cash for the Thai noodle van

the noodle van is worth the drive…

Radioman

I dont think its worth riding there for most intermediates now.

The ladder drops have both gone as has all the fun intermediate shore. There are 3 main runs that are doable for intermediates: Dual Slalom, The Four Cross and the Mini down hill line. Although these are quite good I dont think they match the other alternatives. The mini DH is very short and not steep. The XC riding at Chicksands is also very limited.

The other runs such as the bull run and snake line have gaps and drops waaay out of range for intermediate riders.

Woburn Sands nearby has much better XC courses as well as more freeride lines and also has plenty of dirtjumps as well as a good pump track.

Aston Hill in Wendover is way way better in terms of its DH runs too(you will be best to go on a dry day though as the ground is chalky and slippy in the wet). The Aston runs are each about four (roughly) times as long as Chicksands mini DH and are far more techy and steep but there are also intermediate lines and an XC course. There is also a good 4x there.

palmer77
    Free Member

Heres a GPX for the warm up route I usually do at Chicksands.

http://my.viewranger.com/route/details/NDExNA%3D%3D

Still very sandy there at the mo 🙂

stevede
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies evryone, will probably give it a shot tomorrow. Aston Hill sounds like one to put on the list for the future though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Chicksands 'shore' does it still exist?’ is closed to new replies.