Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Chest Cam Video Test
  • singlespeedstu

Just a quick spin round some local singeltrack today to try out the chest mount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_j9yuqaccs

TheSwede
    Free Member

Dam.Thought you had fitted a covert cam in Amanda's bra drawer. Works a treat though and if / when you stack it, it should be shielded from impact with the ground by the air / beer bag.

singlespeedstu

Bet you went and got your "special" glove out ready…

TheSwede
    Free Member

It's on as we speak.

sheldona
    Free Member

Points and laughs just at the thought of Wokboyextreme wearing the bra mounted cam belt

duir
    Free Member

What camera is that?

trout
    Free Member

I have a HD Hero too but not yet had a good play do you have a pic of the chest mount( prefered on a tasty model ) is it bought or diy .

thekingofsweden

Damn all the funny lines have gone !

Northwind

Just got one of these myself, no good videos yet but I'm well pleased with it. Only thing is my knees keep coming in shot which looks weird. I think I just need to experiment with wearing it a bit higher. Still, of all the mounts I've used it's the best allround, gets a better feeling of riding than a helmet cam.

_tom_
    Free Member

Not bad quality, and the singletrack looks like fun!

epicsteve
    Free Member

I like that point of view – looks good.

singlespeedstu

duir.

It's a GoPro HD cam.

trout.

It's the standard GoPro chest mount with a couple of extentsion pieces on to get the angle right.
    (though it does need pionting up a tad more)
    KoS You just posting is enough to make me smile. 8)

duntmatter
    Free Member

Wonderbra should do the trick.

Northwind

I've a feeling you're supposed to wear it right up on the slope of your ribs, it's the only way I can get a sensible angle out of mine but it's not so comfy or stable there. TBH it's not quite designed right. Still cool though.

singlespeedstu

Northwind you need to use a long extension and a short extension to get the camera to angle back enough to film the trail aswell as your bars.

Northwind

Yup, that's what I ended up doing so as to get it to angle right and still be comfortable. Wee bit disappointing that you have to really, I don't like all the adaptors, just a wee bit more thought could have given the camera a lot more "swing" without them.

singlespeedstu
    grumm
    Free Member

V tempted by one of these. You've speeded that up haven't you? Looks much faster than people doing extreme downhill stuff – and that looks pretty much flat. 😕

singlespeedstu

You've speeded that up haven't you?

🙄

I hate to dissapoint you but that's downloaded straight from the camera with no editing at all.

It might look flat but it's not. It looks fast as there's nothing technical in it, just a blast through some nice fast downhill singletrack.

grumm
    Free Member

Weird, it looks like you are going faster than Greg Minaar at Fort William

z1ppy

It's made the trail look very flat hasn't it (it ain't majorly up or down, but it definitely looks flat compared with real life), & the bars look inverted?!? Great picture though, nice & stable, as mentioned it could do with just pointing up a little bit more, looks to have great potential

singlespeedstu

@ grumpy.
    Not to me it doesn't.

I'd love to be able to edit the clips but unfortunatley my PC is steam powered and can't handle the size of the files. 😐

Zippy.
    I kind of guessed where to point the camera. I'll try and aim it a bit higher next time.

grumm
    Free Member

lol – I'm the grumpy one? Bit touchy aren't we? 😆

singlespeedstu

Not at all just waiting to get out in the sun again for another blast round. 8)

MicArms

Stu, you cheat. I can quite clearly see gear shifters on there. 🙄

singlespeedstu

Puts up hand and confesses to sometimes using gears. 😳

😉

duntstick
    Free Member

Nice touch that, turning your handlebars upside down to get more trail in shot……….. 😉

singlespeedstu

I think it's the wide angle lense that distorts the bar.
    Maybe i should turn the bar upside down though. Do you think it'll make a difference with it being a flat bar? 😆

shermer75
    Free Member

Looks really good! 🙂

Northwind

"You've speeded that up haven't you"

My mum watched one of my videos one time and said "What do you use to speed it up". I'm a coward so I didn't dare t tell her it was at normal speed :mrgreen:

thekingofsweden

Don't be so rude if any of you especially your parents tried to follow stu they would know what fast is ;-)))

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Chest Cam Video Test’ is closed to new replies.