Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cheapest basic shock service people
  • Conan257
    Free Member

I don’t believe my Fox Septune has any rebound damping, the adjuster doesn’t appear to make any difference and the back end is very bouncy. There is also the occaisional sucking noise.

By my accounts, i’ve had a loss of Nitrogen and don’t know what other issues might be happening, and I believe this isn’t home fixable.

I’m not interested in getting it PUSH’d/TF Tuned etc etc. I just want the minimum service to get it up and running again.

What’s the thought/options?

LoCo
    Free Member

😉

Conan257
    Free Member

Cheers matey, I was looking at a number as well as a direction, if that’s cool.

Am I right in thinking you’d be looking at £70? Or could I expect another £20 in parts on top of that?

LoCo
    Free Member

The £70 covers all seals on the shock, all oil, gas and the eyelet bearings which are replaced with polymer ones.
    Any other queries drop me a mail.
    For anyone else reading this and wondering why I haven’t answerred your mails, I’m currently working through them as I had to take most of last week off to look after my daughter whose been ill.
    I will reply to you by the end of the day 😀

Conan257
    Free Member

hmm… was hoping it’d be a little cheaper than that…

Makes me wonder if it is worth it for me to service the shock on a 2005 frame.

LoCo
    Free Member

It’s cheaper than buying a new shock (even from discount online suppliers, and it’s the correct tune for the bike :wink:)

I couldn’t do the service any cheaper due to the parts cost and then the labour and once you factor in overheads of the workshop website e.t.c I really don’t make a huge amount on it at all, other places are charging almost £100 for the same service 😀

Conan257
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve obviously looked at the other guys and you are by far the cheapest…

Need to talk to the bank manager or sell some crap I think! 😛

Thanks matey

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest basic shock service people’ is closed to new replies.