Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Cheap as chips 2017 S-Works Tarmac on eBay
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And, covered in that Campag muck.

Ah’m oot.

🙂

mike399
    Free Member

And at no point does it say in the ad what it is, let alone if it’s genuine!
    The same seller has advertised several similar bikes over the last month or so.

sandboy

No where in the ad states that it’s an S works? Maybe a badged up Chinese frame?

woodster

And at no point does it say in the ad what it is, let alone if it’s genuine!

Yep, there’s no way you’d list the chain degreaser you used, but forget to list the bikes brand even. Chinese fake for sure.

bearnecessities

My bad (not really my thing!) – just went off Evans

I did ‘check’ to the best I could with a Google and seemed the genuine article.

However, I am probably going to end up regretting posting this up. 🙂

mike399
    Free Member

A fool and his money etc….
    Just sayin’…
    8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also, how did I miss this stunning gem of an extra feature?

Tour of Flanders Race Plate and Holder

Apparently, number 148 in last year’s Ronde van Vlaanderen (Sportive) was this young lady from Brugge.

Unless of course, he was riding in the UCI race event, that is.

njee20
    Free Member

+1 for fake. I love my Deng Fu, but having one badged as an S-works is just lame. Well, illegal. But lame.

Edit: to be fair it doesn’t say it was the 2016 RVV (does it?), could be older. 148 in the pro race was a Lampre Merida rider.

bearnecessities

I never realised the Chinese frames were copied so meticulously – I still can’t spot a single difference!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

to be fair it doesn’t say it was the 2016 RVV (does it?), could be older. 148 in the pro race was a Lampre Merida rider.

It’s a 2016 paint job for the S Works tarmac (May or may not be real, obviously), so it’s unlikely to have been ridden in the 2015 event. Also, doesn’t the Sportive use bar mount number plates?

greentricky
    Free Member

According to a previous listing he is selling his bikes as he has given up competion but is 46 and doesn’t sound like miss bruge above from the discription

njee20
    Free Member

I never realised the Chinese frames were copied so meticulously – I still can’t spot a single difference!

To be fair the photos are crap, you can’t really see the detail.

It’s got Chinese carbon wheels, which just reinforces the likelihood of it being fake. I just don’t get why you’d decal one up as an S-Works. Well I do, but you’re a ****.

bob_summers

I’m struggling to see anything which screams fake, but neither does it scream bargain. Who would put 10v centaur on a new bike anyway? Not a hater btw, I still think 10v Recvord was the pinnacle, but just seems odd to me.

mickmcd
    Free Member

[/url]14976673_199123127202258_4221362427436189479_o by mike.mcdermid, on Flickr[/img]

my 2016 one was this colour…sadly it is no more

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I take it back re the 2016. Looks as if that colour is indeed a 2017 version. My mistake.

So, could only have been ridden in the 2016 RVV.

njee20
    Free Member

my 2016 one was this colour…sadly it is no more

They come in loads of colours.

Thing is though, it’s not got the Tinkoff logo on the seat tube. Front Mech mount looks different too.

windydave13
    Free Member

Legs of the forks look too wide especially at the drop-outs, although that could just be the angle.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The paint work is all to hell; you need a magnifying glass to make out the text on the downtube 😉

bearnecessities

Ah well, there you go; ’tis a copy and a bit of a naff reply to boot.

Hi Rich, I cannot guarantee origin, therefore I’m not listing or selling as an S Works Tarmac. Hence I’m also not asking £4K for it.
    Please feel free to view the Bike and let me know of any difference.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What you mean he found it or nicked it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I cannot guarantee origin

Cannot.
    Guarantee.
    Origin.

And yet, it’s allowed to be sold on the Bay? It’s either fake or stolen. Possibly both.

Shonky as shonk.

nickdavies

Seller seems legit, registered rider with a race team local to where the eBay account is, and another sale of his was an ex team bike from the pro side of that team.

Doesn’t say the bike competed in the RVV just that it’s got a plate attached to it…

Reckon it’s a knock off frame myself built up to sell on.

Edit: was about to fire an email off as my curiosity was piqued.. seems I was beaten to it! Run away!

grtdkad
    Free Member

Looks factory fresh to me. As in unridden.

geoffj

Hi
    I cannot guarantee origin, therefore I’m not listing or selling as an S Works Tarmac. Hence I’m also not asking £4K for it.
    Please feel free to view the Bike and let me know of any difference that you’re able to find.
    Many thanks for your enquiry.
    Very best regards

Fakey McFakeface

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Seller seems legit,

Reckon it’s a knock off frame myself built up to sell on.

Even before your edit flogging knock off frames branded to look like the real thing is not legit. It’s very much not legit and depending on the wording illegal

nickdavies

I only said seller seems legit.. from the point of view that his background didn’t seem suspicious, before it what it was was confirmed. Agree that it’s very much not right whatever he’s doing if that’s not a spesh frame.

grtdkad
    Free Member

If you look at his ‘completed sales’ there’s a TT bike on there and a bunch of other ‘nice’ spanking new bikes in the images too. Fresh off a boat from China by the looks of it.
    Needs reporting.

orangespyderman

therefore I’m not listing or selling as an S Works Tarmac

Mmm. I suppose that apart from that great big photo of a bike with a Specialized S Works paint job, he’s not. 🙄

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Cheap as chips 2017 S-Works Tarmac on eBay’ is closed to new replies.