Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheap 25c tyre for one race
  • oldgit
    Free Member

I have a race comming up that includes ‘sectors’ of unmade road and muddy gravel farm roads.
    It’s a one off so I don’t want to go mad, so any first hand experience of the following?
    Michelin Lithion 2
    Scwalbe Lugano
    The Lugano seems to have slipped under the radar as a handy tyre?

crazy-legs

I have a race comming up that includes ‘sectors’ of unmade road and muddy gravel farm roads.

The CiCLE Classic?
    If so: 😯
    Did you see the conditions on it last year?!

(no idea on either of those tyres by the way)

oldgit
    Free Member

No the ‘Omloop Van Der Drie Dorpen’ It’s Mick Ives little baby.

simondbarnes

That’ll be fine with 23mm tyres.

mrmo
    Free Member

i have used Lithion 2’s and Pro Race 3’s on gravel tracks in the Cotswolds/vale of Evesham, they work but obviously have to be careful as 23’s and loose surfaces are asking for trouble.

Not the most comfortable of rides though, 25’s would make alot more sense if your doing any sort of distance.

I assume the Vittoria Pave is out?

this is the sort of track i am talking about, which i guess is pretty similar to what your describing.

bratty

What do you train on in the winter? I would consider something that you train on but in 25c (unless you are a flash harry who trains on tubs or miche pro’s or something!)

oldgit
    Free Member

I train on 23c Rubino Pros all year, but my race bike has a selection of race tyres. That said the Rubino rides hard? so I was after something tough quick and supple i.e moon on a stick.
    23c might get across that stuff, but I wouldn’t fancy them in a bunch at race pace over it.

Taff
    Free Member

I use blizzards which are a rebadged Lugano and they’re good. Taken them on fire roads etc and never had any problems

crazy-legs

Not on your shortlist but I used 25c Specialized Roubaix Pro “Endurance” tyres on my road bike over winter and I did LEJOG on them last year – fancied something with a bit more cushioning and puncture protection over my usual race tyre choice of Schwalbe Ultremos.

Good tyres, quite a high carcass so very comfy but still fast rolling. Not the lightest tyre in the world but reasonable for what they are.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Maxxis detonator, or scwalbe Marathon Race, if they still do them in 25.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheap 25c tyre for one race’ is closed to new replies.