Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Charge Cooker 29er XL
  • Inbred456
    Free Member

So it’s time for a new bike. I’m not getting any younger or any more gnarr, I tend to ride for fitness and to cover miles. I want something comfortable with big wheels that I can cover a lot of miles with. When I can get out I’ve normally got a few hrs so comfort is key. I like the look and spec of the Charge Cooker 2 with big wheels light Ali frame and mainly sensible deore kit approx 750 ish pounds. Budget 500 to 1k ish.
    Any experiences of this bike or should I be looking at something else. I’m quite tall 6’4 ish with a long back so a long top tube is a must. Not so bothered about stand over height. Not interested in 650B I want a 29er so I can see what all the fuss is about!
    Any advice gratefully received.

danti

Probably not the advice you’re after (this is Stw 😉 ) but there’s an XL Solaris on the classifieds at the mo, great for comfort and a long top tube.
    And no I’m not connected to the seller but have had a Solaris and they’re a great frame.

crazybaboon

Have a look at my ad in the classifieds for my Canyon AL29

TomB

Merlin have got Kinesis ff29 frames on special this week @£360, very well thought of for the kind of riding you’re suggesting, but would have to build carefully/SH to get under budget.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Funny I was just looking on the canyon site at the Al 29er 5.9. £699.00. Seems a lot of bike for the money.

crazybaboon

Certainly is a lot of bike for the money, the bike I’m selling would be the SLX frame now, a considerable upgrade from the standard AL29 frame

Inbred456
    Free Member

I have a very long back could you measure the effective top tube length for me on the canyon, it just has the actual tt length on the website, it looks a bit short hard to tell from the website.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Charge Cooker 29er XL’ is closed to new replies.