Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Change angle of Garmin twist-mount
  • krixmeister

Quick question:

Due to the negative rise on my stem on my MTB, my Garmin Edge 800 is hard to view – I’d like to raise the front a bit, so that screen is angled more towards me on the bike. The old 705 mount had a bit of an angle to it (fore-aft) already.

Any ideas on how to change the angle of the twist-mount?

legend
    Free Member

bung a piece of rubber under the front of it?

krixmeister

Tried that – popped out after one ride. Maybe should try again with different placement/shaping of rubber piece, but wondering if anyone has a proven way to resolve?

cheers_drive

Use one of the out front mounts.

Haze

Put it on the bars?

Probably not the best solution as it’s better further forward. Personally I’d go with one of the out front mounts as mentioned above…

jam-bo

Sugru

legend
    Free Member

krixmeister – Member
    Tried that – popped out after one ride. Maybe should try again with different placement/shaping of rubber piece, but wondering if anyone has a proven way to resolve?

If you’re happy to (potentially) sacrifice a mount, I’d bond the rubber onto it with some decent adhesive

jonba
    Free Member

Sugru or I used a small block of foam and cut it to shape on my road bike.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Got one of these on my MTB, attached to the bars but sits over the stem. Angle can be adjusted to pretty much anything, much happier with this than the elastic band style mounts.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/tate-labs-the-bar-fly-30-mtb/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Change angle of Garmin twist-mount’ is closed to new replies.