Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Chamonix: Brevant descent to Plan Praz
  • johnhe

I finally experienced this most picturesque of trails – on foot. I now have to admit that, at 49, I will never ride this trail. Total respect to those who do ride this descent. It looks absolutely perfect, but it’s a step beyond what I can handle. Hats off to the guys who ride it.

Still the most iconic of all bike trails in my mind.

jedi

its awesome trail to ride 🙂

neilforrow

Tick – lovely decent. The other option off the top to Refuge Bellachat then on to Cham (Holy Trail) is superb. Megatech.

I’d love to be out there right now… Hummmm.

splashdown
    Free Member

+1 😀

Grump
    Free Member

Are you sure you mean the Brevent to PlanPraz descent? That’s from the top lift station to the mid-station. Fun enough but not really the same league as the trails from the top of the second stage (Brevent) down towards REfuge Bellachat then either down from there towards Les Bossons or traversing and climbingon to the col just the Aiguliiet des Houches then down to Servoz (more scenic, longer) or down towards Merlet (better trails, more fun)
    You’ve got until the 17th September anyone who’s keen…..
    And there’s a bunch of guys locally in their mid 50’s into their 60’s who ride that and a whole lot more tech, age isn’t a reason not to try 😉

johnhe

I mean from the very top of the Brevant (the second lift) back to the Plan Praz lift station in the town itself. Maybe I got the name wrong, but I thought I remembered that Plan Praz lift station was written over the bottom station in big letters.

Anyway – I mean the walking trail from the very top to the very bottom. Very tight corners and pretty scary edges if you happen to go over the bars on one of those corners.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Chamonix: Brevant descent to Plan Praz’ is closed to new replies.