• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jhw.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Chamonix bike access
  • saxabar
    Free Member

Does anyone know whether September bike access to trails begins on Saturday 27th August, Saturday 4th September, or whether September access simply begins September 1st?! 😀

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Plead ignorance and go and have a good time.

saxabar
    Free Member

Refreshing thinking! It’s six of one and another of the other as to when I go, so I was wondering if anyone knows before I get it in motion?

showerman
    Free Member

what is the riding like there, was going back to morzine but could fancey a change as the lifts are open later into the season

saxabar
    Free Member

Freeridenick knows it better than I do, but Chamonix itself is renowned for being steep and techy. There’s a few dedicated DH trails around but it’s more ‘freeride’ go-explore terrain than brakes-off speed thrills. Further up the valley towards La Tour there’s less severe riding which may as well be the definition of singletrack riding. It’s different from the Morzine experience in that you might not see another rider for hours if you’re off the marked trails.

It’s also only an hour from Geneva!

jhw
    Free Member

Plead ignorance and go and have a good time.

and don’t piss off any walkers please ta

It’s 1 September, in answer to your question http://www.chamonix.net/files/Mountainbiking/planVTTEn.pdf

I’ve posted on here with this same question. I’ve been told it’s not really enforced, but if everyone rides with that assumption, that will generally be A Bad Thing. So I’m not going to ride the valley trails on that basis. Do a little research, play with google earth, pick up an IGN map, talk to people on here and you’ll see there’s rather a lot that falls outside the scope of the ban. You gotta be prepared to ferret it out though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Chamonix bike access’ is closed to new replies.