Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Central heating timer help……
  • cardiff
    Free Member

I’ve got a mechnical central heating timer on my bolier much like the one in the link below, is it possible and simple to change this over for a digital timer? Possibly sounding a little stupid, they all look to be different sizes (physically) to the one thats in there at present!

Linky

Cheers

Ant

totalshell

piece of cake, plug out plug in.. no probs.. assume this is on the front of boiler case if so whip it out whip down to plumb center pts or plumbase and ask for a digital replacement..

spooky_b329

Tick…this is exactly what I was thinking about earlier.

Any recommendations for one that allows different temperatures to be set for different periods of the day?

Edit: mine is a remote unit on the wall, I guess thats different to a boiler front version and therefore I’m guilty of hijacking this thread!

cardiff
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies, it is indeed off the front of the boiler unit. Will go investigate tomorrow!

Good luck finding what you need spooky, hijack away!

Bear
    Free Member

easiest way is to put it on continuous, and move all the tappits out. Then wire a wireless programmable room thermostat across the room stat terminals in the back of the boiler.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I love mechanical clocks. More boilers should come with them

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Central heating timer help……’ is closed to new replies.