Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Centerparks abroad
  • skiboy
    Free Member

We the family have just spent the weekend at centreparcs in Woburn.

The thing that stood out the most was the girls loved cycling everywhere and I have to admit
    I was quite enjoying riding around on a massive ladies single speed.

Is there equivalents or centreparcs in Europe that anyone could recommend ?

ji
    Free Member

there are 4 or so in this country – all slightly different from each other. There are loads in Europe – owned by a different company but basically the same idea. Often cheaper – even factoring in a ferry crossing – than going in school holidays in the UK.

tehtehtehteh
    Free Member

I’ve been loads to holland and they’re great, language is not an issue either – everyone speaks perfect english

also boobs and swearing on telly at any time of the day!

ratherbeintobago

Bloke I know went to one of the ones in the Netherlands, as (even with the ferry) it was cheaper than the UK.

Really enjoyed it, apparently, though the Dutch practice of eating chocolate sprinkles on toast took everyone aback a bit.

nuke

Never been to a British CP but we’ve been to 6 different ones in Europe. From overhearing Brits when we’ve been, I don’t think the European CPs are as slick/polished as the Brit ones and its a bit more laid back but we know no better.

First one we went to was de vossemeren and was fantastic if not a bit more of a drive. If your after the best aquamondo we’d say le lac d’ailette. De eemhof was a lovely place and great for visiting Amsterdam (20eurs for the park & ride all 4 of us) plus we stopped off and had a night in Bruges on the way home.

All have mapped out cycle routes and english is spoken by almost all the staff. All have worked out cheaper than Brit ones even with travel costs

leffeboy

Been to De Vossemeren in the North East of Belgium for 3 days. I suspect 3 days is my limit on that stuff but the kids (11 and 15) loved it. They had a very cool wire loop on their lake where they could learn to waterski which went down very well as long as you didn’t fall off at the far end of the lake in which case the swim back was a bit long.

Would do again

http://www.centerparcs.com/EN/GB/villages/vossemeren

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Centerparks abroad’ is closed to new replies.