Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • CCDB vs Kage RC
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Looking at maybe upgrading to a CCDB on my Canyon torque DHX as ive seen a few second hand selling at a reasonable price. Would there be a vast difference or is it more just the tunability of the ccdb? I find the Kage blows through the travel pretty easily but doesnt feel too great on the smaller stuff either.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Chances are with the CCDB you won’t even think about it as it just lets the back end track the ground and you don’t feel anything out there any more. With my CCDB I sort of forget I’ve got one as I never think about rear shock control any more 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Budget & high end shocks, the CCDB coil will better is all respects once the spring rate & adjustments are set correctly

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Got a ccdb coil on my Alpine. If I ever kill or get bored of the Alpine I’ll keep the ccdb, and I wouldn’t let it go for the money I’ve seen em listed for here.

If you are happy fettling and tuning and have an idea how your sus reacts (not being patronising one of my fastest mates is jump-on-and-ride) I reckon a ccdb and a dropper post are the 2 best upgrades any FS can have.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Hmmmm, its very tempting. Seen some for around 200 quid on pinkbike, figure i could recoup a bit of that selling the Kage on.
    And yes im quite happy fettling, though i see Cane Creek have a base guide for the Canyon which will probably help to begin with.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘CCDB vs Kage RC’ is closed to new replies.