Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • CCDB Air or RS Monarch Debonair for a Mojo?
  • Rosss
    Free Member

I’ve currently got a RP23 on my HD but I want to upgrade the rear shock for the winters riding and to improve my chances of selling it in the new year. The bike will be used for BPW, Natural south wales stuff, Cwmcarn DH and FOD + Cannock chase XC. I’m leaning towards the CC as it looks to have the best performance and will suit rowdier terrain better however the debonair appeals as I could probably get away with selling the RP23 and using it for XC as well whereas I’d be tempted to keep the Fox if I went for the CC. The fork on the bike is a pike if that matters any.
    Has anybody ridden both or either that can give me some feedback

Oh, and i’ve considered the Inline however I can’t find a comparable deal so it’s out the question.

jim79
    Free Member

I went from a Float CTD to a CCDBA CS on mine, and it totally transformed the bike. With the Fox I found it either blew through all the travel or I had to pump it up a bit which made it harsh over small stuff. The CC is so plush but doesn’t use any more travel than it needs to. Didn’t find it that much of a pain to set up either. Climb switch is really god too. No experience with a Monarch though.

Rosss
    Free Member

Good to hear, the model i’m looking at isn’t CS which is why I’m considering the Monarch. I don’t have any real complaints about the Fox it’s just 140mm and I want to make the jump to 160mm. I spent a little time with the Monarch on a Newmad and it just did it’s job very well. Hmm decisons

julians
    Free Member

I went from fox rp23 to ccdb air on my mojo hd, its a night and day difference. Mine is not the Cs version and I don’t feel I’m missing out, I dont think the hd really needs the Cs version. Its just set and forget.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Did you guys get your fox stocks tuned to the bike and yourselves prior to changing?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

The debonair is meant to improve the RT3 however the RT3 is an Ok shock.

I know people who rather have swapped to a RP23 on my frame rather than use RT3.

I would be getting a CCDB Inline or consider Marzocchi new shock buy not sure when that will be available.

However I’m not sure if you will get a good return on buying a new shock to help sell the frame.

julians
    Free Member

Did you guys get your fox stocks tuned to the bike and yourselves prior to changing?

No didnt bother, figured that whilst a tune would probably improve it, it probably still wouldnt be as good as a ccdb air, may as well just go straight for (what I perceived as )the best

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Ok, just interested as I have bought an rp23 as an upgrade to an x fusion . Suspension tuning dude said to get the RP23 tuned will make a “night and day difference” too!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘CCDB Air or RS Monarch Debonair for a Mojo?’ is closed to new replies.