• This topic has 26 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by fossy.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • castrating kittens
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Just had our new pair dealt with, the question i am left with is how the hell can they carry on as before! There is no evidence in their behaviour that anything has happened!

screaming round the house beating the crap out of each other!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Maybe you did it wrong?

Try getting rid of them and getting a dog

mrmo
    Free Member

I ******* hate dogs! smelly aggressive nasty evil animals that deserve only death….

goldfish24

Cripes, that spiralled quickly…

chip
    Free Member

Thought this thread was about a new band.

mrmo
    Free Member

Cripes, that spiralled quickly…

Might as well take it where its going once the anti cat brigade get involved.

mikey74
    Free Member

Ok, we’ve all established what type of person the op is so put the thread down and walk away slowly. Perhaps he won’t get angry and attack if we’re quiet.

To be fair op: you don’t sound like a cat person either.

mefty
    Free Member

Mine is collecting stamps, but good to have a hobby.

legend
    Free Member

You do realise that kittens are mental regardless of sex?

mrmo
    Free Member

Always had cats, just forgotten how impervious to anything you would expect to knock them back they are. You would think that removing their bollocks might slow them down for a few hours! But no.

thecaptain
    Free Member

I guess most of us would be pretty angry if someone chopped our balls off.

taxi25
    Free Member

Kittens are always mental thats why their so much fun 😀 Castrating them means there won’t be as many other kittens that people don’t want :(. Not to mention when their older they shouldn’t get into so many proper big cat fights !!!! It’ll save you a fortune in vets fees sowing ears back on, reinserting eyes and such.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I hope you’re keeping them inside so they don’t sh#t all over your neighbors gardens whilst killing all the local birds and small wildlife.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Kittens behaving like kittens – well, who would have thought that might happen.

km79
    Free Member

Put them in a sack and dump them in the canal, that’ll change their behaviour.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Put them in a sack and dump them in the canal, that’ll change their behaviour

I wish this forum had a like button

welshfarmer

We used to have an old chap known as “clever Trevor” used to come wound to castrate all our male calves (we are talking back in the 70’s…. different times 🙂 ). Basically it involved an dirty old penknife sharpened on the barn wall and a red hot poker out of the fire 😯

Anyway, we had a young tom cat and the time and wondered if Trevor might relieve him of his testicles. No problem. Cat was brought from his bed next to the rayburn and unceremoniously stuffed head first into a welly boot while the delicate surgery was performed on his nether regions, before everyone took a few steps back and he was released. Poor old cat. He never ever went back into his box next to the Rayburn. 🙂

Best rat catcher we ever had mind.

pictonroad

That. ^ is the the best post on this forum.

‘Clever Trevor’

wow

neilthewheel

Knock me down with a feather.

smogmonster

I thought this thread was going to be about some posh orgy setup, i guess not.

As for Clever Trevor, the missus and i had a neighbour, ‘not-so-clever-Trevor’ when we were students back in Hull in the late 90’s. He tried (unsuccessfully) to blow us all away by trying to light a cigarette in the gas filled room he was sat in, where he’d passed out rat arsed the night before. Ironically he was the better of the neighbours, the other guy was a convicted murderer, just out of Prison. We didnt stay long.

sadexpunk

was a bit bored and clicked on this thread not expecting much. how wrong can you be, some great replies 😆

tdog
    Free Member

Say whaaaaaa!?

To answer the ops query, I believe it takes a few weeks for them to lose their chemical levels to a much lower even amount.

Basically they will chill out more but at end of the day they’re cats as you know growing up like me with them and like to chase around.

If in doubt, ask your vet.

Only annoying thing abouts cats are that they kill birds. The only bird my two have caught was a Jay and man was I pissed off at them.

Ignore the cat haters and dog lovers that are selfish more often than not.
    At end of the day, dogs do indeed stink, messy, a complete hassle and travelling would be a pita.

Cougar

At end of the day, dogs do indeed stink, messy, a complete hassle and travelling would be a pita.

So said:

tdog – Member

(-:

onlysteel
    Free Member

Ordinarily don’t have a problem with offal, but would draw a line at that.

tdog
    Free Member

Tbh my cats are more like dogs except without the stink and too much hassle.

Looking to possibly get a dog though – go figure!

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

mitsumonkey – Member
    I hope you’re keeping them inside so they don’t sh#t all over your neighbors gardens whilst killing all the local birds and small wildlife.

Trust all dog owners are keeping their dogs on leads whilst out on walks and not letting them run off and kill sheep, biting cyclists, attacking other dogs or killing/seriously injuring children. 😉

Oh and picking up their crap their dogs left in the middle of the kids playground, or anywhere else…

fossy

Our male cat was done at 6 months old and as soon as he was home from the op, he was tearing round the house as nothing happened. He’s 10 months now and still play fighting and duffing up the 10 year old cat.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘castrating kittens’ is closed to new replies.