Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • carrying keys
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Bit of a first world problem, but when you’re racing cross or xc, where do you stash your car keys?

Won’t have a saddle pack for cx racing like I do on marathons, and I wouldn’t want to loose the keys to my Germanic land barge while riding my non-bike2work cx bike.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

with your mechanic

oldejeans
    Free Member

I get my butler to hold them

taxi25
    Free Member

Put them in a plastic bag and tape them to your seatpost.

Yak

For xc, there’s usually a bunch of us all racing at different times. If not, then I have a padded pouch thing that it goes in. It nicely fills a jersey pocket reducing a chance of loss. Also being padded, I’m not going to get a key in my spine if I crash on it.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Get a magnetic key box and stick it in your wheel arch when you’re out on the bike? Cable tie it to your frame? Don’t tell anyone, but I often leave my car key on the front wheel when I’m out on the bike. :-0

40mpg

On top of the passenger side front wheel, just the same as every other car in the field 😀

Edit – CBMotorsport +1

fasthaggis

Inside the bumper.

Yak

Bugger – it appears I’m carrying way too much. I’d best swap to on the front wheel like everyone else. Don’t tell anyone.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Same place as your watch?

markshires
    Free Member

Watch the ford(I think) advert, that guy manages it.

bigbeard
    Free Member

Either on a shoe lace round my neck, tucked inside my shirt / skinsuit or in my jacket pocket and handed to my pit crew (otherwise known as my 11 year old son!)

northerntom
    Free Member

up the bum. add laxitives to your water for release.

trail_rat
    Free Member

hidden on the car somewhere….if i bother to lock it tbh.

what i dont do any more is leave it hiden in the car – after my central locking went haywire and i had to break into my own car at end of day.

Northwind

I just throw mine in my big box o race crap and leave it in the pits. Not that I’m trusting, I’m just not too worried about some dude rooting through everyone’s kit without anyone noticing. Riding off with a bike would be easier.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Tape it to your boaby.

franksinatra

when I ride I generally just leave it hidden in the car. Nothing worth nicking in the car and the chances of them finding a key are much less than the chances of me loosing a key whist out riding (I have form in this area)

SirHC

Have just car key and house key on a lanyard, then in pocket with the lanyard tied around short belt loops.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Buy a jersey with a zipped pocket.

kerley
    Free Member

+1 on the zipped pocket. All my jerseys have a zipped middle pocket where I keep my phone and house keys.

windyg
    Free Member

Leave with wife or team mates if racing or on a lanyard if normal riding

steve_b77
    Free Member

Can’t leave it in the car as it’s keyless and it’ll start so long as the key is in there and you can find the big power on button.

Team jersey doesn’t have a zipped pocket.

Got no mates.

Round the neck it is then

benw
    Free Member

Just the car key on a key ring attached through a hole on the braces part of your bib shorts below your chest,done it for years without a problem

simondbarnes

In my pocket

shermer75
    Free Member

In a bowl, with everyone else’s

rene59
    Free Member

If only your bawsack had a zip on it.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Well it has a seam so presumably that can be unpicked and re stitched?

mrblobby
    Free Member

what i dont do any more is leave it hiden in the car – after my central locking went haywire and i had to break into my own car at end of day.

Can confirm that this is no fun to get back to at the end of a race 😳

cubicboy
    Free Member

I have a waterproof Lezyne Caddy Sack which sits very snugly inside my jersey pocket (any one of the three at the back). It is the perfect fit and has never moved nor would I ever imagine that it would do. I use it for all MTB and road rides.

monkeyboyjc

I just throw them in the nearest lake and buy a new car….

CheesybeanZ

Get a Prince Albert done , attach ket with a small carabiner .

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

On a lanyard round my neck, being doing it for years.

Tiger6791

Why can’t you race with a seat pack?

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘carrying keys’ is closed to new replies.