Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Carbon seatposts – can they take a bit of in and out?
  • swisstony
    Free Member

I've recently bought my first bit of carbon, an EC70 post but a friend said i'm asking for trouble (snapped post up the backside!)

It's for my BFe which i ride in the usually muddy/gritty peaks and i'm a serial post put upper and downer.

I know from other posts that it will get scratched but will this end in tears with the carbon one!

ta

james
    Free Member

Get some carbon friendly grease (other grease can cause the carbon to delaminate apparantly). Pace do one. Its pretty pricey at about £9 for a tiny pot, but you won't use much so it'll last ages

I got mine from 18 bikes in hope

My carbon post had lost its outer shiney layer and was starting to become difficult to raise/lower. The grease seems to fill in the gaps, its now easy to raise/lower and it hides the scratches. I just add a little more if it starts to become a little sticky in the frame

nuke

I've got an EC70 and I've stopped using it on my bike where I tend to rise/lower the saddle fairly often and stuck it on my XC bike where it tends to remains static. My post has a kind of lacquer on it which was starting to come away at the bottom.

Aidan
    Free Member

I've had an FSA carbon post up and down a lot. Aside from looking scratched, I haven't had any trouble. Then the clamp bolt snapped, which proves that

a. It's a poor clamp design (newer ones have a different clamp)
    b. That impact didn't finish off the actual carbon

I would get some of that carbon grease, but haven't got around to it yet.

swisstony
    Free Member

thanks folks,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Carbon seatposts – can they take a bit of in and out?’ is closed to new replies.